Why is michael chandler still ranked

The UFC is the one making Chandler wait; it would be absurd if they removed him from the rankings. This isn't like other situations where fighters have been inactive.

Islam indeed needed more wins and so did Chandler.
That was Islam's 9th straight win. You think the obvious best guy in the division should have had to go on more than a 10 fight win streak while everyone else is getting multiple title shots for ducking him?

Sure he may be a sub 50/50 fighter in the UFC, but you have to bear in mind, he beat Tony Ferguson, so... kind of a big deal.

That was Islam's 9th straight win. You think the obvious best guy in the division should have had to go on more than a 10 fight win streak while everyone else is getting multiple title shots for ducking him?

So his resume was what, theoretical wins you made up in your head and Bobby fucking Green?
He was and is obviously incredibily good, but there's a process to this, otherwise might as well just give the belt to Nickal. Other obvious top prospects like Rakhmonov have to rack up the wins.

Chandler is 1-3 in his last 4. Hasn't fought in almost 2 years.

The UFC is a circus and anybody who takes their rankings seriously is an imbecile.

Stipe hasn't won a fight since 2020 and people are asking why Chandler is ranked.

Cause the UFC rankings aren't result based and there's no inactivity limit unlike most other MMA rankings. Most independent MMA rankings are better than the UFC's rankings.

Remember how Chandler beat Hooker and got an immediate title shot while Islam beat Hooker during his 10 fight win streak but according to some fans still needed “another big win” to earn his shot?

Chandler came over from Bellator after easily KO'ing Benson Henderson one fight prior, and he was a well established top lightweight and former champion. He benefit greatly from good timing getting his title shot.

Islam beat Dan Hooker on no notice and Dan was on a 1-2 run losing back to back to Dustin and Chandler. Dan's stock should go down after losing 2 of his last 3.

Keep in mind Islam was knocked out in his second UFC fight, then tripped a PEDS test. He had a fairly bumpy start. Islam would pull out of 4 separate UFC bouts by the time he gets a title shot.

Everything is relative.

*edit* to add, Chandler's ranking is patently absurd and he does not deserve it. Obviously the UFC favors fighters for business reasons, and he is both a boot licking company man and useful for booking Conor.

My guess is if incase they get the conor fight made, they can say he beat a ranked guy if he wins to maybe shoe horn him into some sort of title fight easier. They might even find a way to bump chandler up to 5 shortly before said fight too so they can say it was a top 5 win. They'd especially do so if Dustin somehow upset Islam to become champion, and would absolutely make conor vs dustin 4 for the belt if both conor and dustin were to win.

HIs last fight was 16 months ago and he is still ranked 6th.

Are they only keeping him in the rankings in the hopes of giving connor a ranked win?
The only reason he hasn't already fought is because Mcgregor couldn't get a licence due to USADA. Now that they have their own testing he will be fighting Mcgregor whenever he is ready.

The UFC has to offer reasonable fights, but he is the most beatable guy for Mcgregor.

Because they are not defending points, so not fighting has no consequence.

If the panel thinks that even after a year not fighting he can still beat ranked guys, he is ranked.

HIs last fight was 16 months ago and he is still ranked 6th.

Are they only keeping him in the rankings in the hopes of giving connor a ranked win?
I asked the same thing about Colby and the hyenas came running to tell me how retarded I was lol.

Because they are not defending points, so not fighting has no consequence.

If the panel thinks that even after a year not fighting he can still beat ranked guys, he is ranked.

I don't see him beating too many guys at this point tbh sir.

Remember how Chandler beat Hooker and got an immediate title shot while Islam beat Hooker during his 10 fight win streak but according to some fans still needed “another big win” to earn his shot?
Chand was a vet and former champ he beat hooker when hooker was ranked 5 or 6 I believe and no other top 5 guys were availabe or ready . If I recall right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back