Why is Nate Diaz avoiding the mma fight with Jake Paul?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Typically fighters turn down fights for financial reasons. But PFL is offering him the biggest payout of his entire career. It doesnt seem to be over money.

I have this theory that Nate still believes he has something to accomplish in mma. A trilogy fight with Conor perhaps. If he lost to Jake Paul in mma it will essentially kill the chances of future big fights. He would be the guy who lost to the 0-0 YouTuber in his own sport.

Boxing he was willing to risk it. It's not his sport, Jake Paul has some wins, beat a legend in Anderson Silva. But mma changes the stakes. So even though it's a massive payday, he isnt willing to risk it.

Typically fighters turn down fights for financial reasons. But PFL is offering him the biggest payout of his entire career. It doesnt seem to be over money.

I have this theory that Nate still believes he has something to accomplish in mma. A trilogy fight with Conor perhaps. If he lost to Jake Paul in mma it will essentially kill the chances of future big fights. He would be the guy who lost to the 0-0 YouTuber in his own sport.

Boxing he was willing to risk it. It's not his sport, Jake Paul has some wins, beat a legend in Anderson Silva. But mma changes the stakes. So even though it's a massive payday, he isnt willing to risk it.
I think Nate would lose. I think that Nate thinks he will lose. Nate does not want that in MMA.

I think Nate knows outstriking Jake in MMA wouldn't be that easy, especially since Nate just boxes and doesn't kick, not to mention Nate has sh*t takedowns

If the fight is even remotely competitive Nate would be an (even) more of an embarassment

We all know why. Jake is bigger and better. Faster reaction time. Better hand eye coordination. Superior speech impediment. Nate has nothing for Jake at this point and he knows it. Doesn't take away from Nate being a legend...it's just that Jake Paul is on another level.

Nate's a realist. He knows Jake has a chance and if he beat him, it would likely completely destroy his legacy. That's my theory anywhoo.

Back