Why is Nate Diaz avoiding the mma fight with Jake Paul?

He left the UFC. They have never offered him 10 to 15 and never would.
doesn't matter homie. Nate is rich beyond is wildest dreams already. Why drop down to Triple AAA league?

I think he knows if he goes to another MMA org then he burns the UFC bridges. As it is Nate can likely return and be around UFC for the rest of his days and get paid. Dana tales the hump if he goes elsewhere and closes the door

I think he’s just checked out as far as fighting goes. But he still wants money. So training for a boxing match would be much less taxing on his waning interest.

Nathan Diaz is currently 38 years old. On April 16, 2024, he'll become 39 years old.

In my opinion, Jake Paul has a true, real chance of winning MMA fights against Nathan Diaz. A 38-year-old MMA fighter is the opposite of a spring chicken.

Compared to Nathan, Jake Paul is a young guy.

I suspect that Nate did come to an agreement with the UFC prior to his contract expiring and that agreement is a secret. I don’t know if he signed any contract, but the agreement includes that Nate can box in other orgs, but he can’t do any mma fights outside the UFC. I think they came to this agreement prior to his fight with Ferguson, and I think the UFC has promised him a big contract or reward if he stays loyal to this agreement.

I suspect this because-

A. After more than a year of the UFC trying to pressure Nate to fight Khamzat and only Khamzat, they were suddenly ok with changing his opponent to an ideal one for Nate’s last fight in Tony Ferguson.

B. Amid contract negotiations that were in stalemate for more than a year, the relationship between Nate and the UFC suddenly did a 180 overnight and Nate seems to have more positive things to say about the UFC now than negative. Nate is effectively promoting the UFC now even though he’s no longer signed.

C. Nate rejects a $10 mil offer to fight Jake Paul because he won’t fight for PFL. He still seems very loyal to the UFC and now wants to return at 300.

I suspect that Nate did come to an agreement with the UFC prior to his contract expiring and that agreement is a secret. I don’t know if he signed any contract, but the agreement includes that Nate can box in other orgs, but he can’t do any mma fights outside the UFC. I think they came to this agreement prior to his fight with Ferguson, and I think the UFC has promised him a big contract or reward if he stays loyal to this agreement.

I suspect this because-

A. After more than a year of the UFC trying to pressure Nate to fight Khamzat and only Khamzat, they were suddenly ok with changing his opponent to an ideal one for Nate’s last fight in Tony Ferguson.

B. Amid contract negotiations that were in stalemate for more than a year, the relationship between Nate and the UFC suddenly did a 180 overnight and Nate seems to have more positive things to say about the UFC now than negative. Nate is effectively promoting the UFC now even though he’s no longer signed.

C. Nate rejects a $10 mil offer to fight Jake Paul because he won’t fight for PFL. He still seems very loyal to the UFC and now wants to return at 300.
Sounds plausible. At minimum, Nate and the UFC don't appear to be adversarial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back