Why is Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs Arman Tsarukyan on the main card?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fight makes no sense to me being on the ppv main card. Both fighters are largely unknown fighters, both coming off of losses, and both having boring fight styles no offense. Sort of pisses me off thinking you could have at least had one more good fight on the card. Maybe some one can input something exciting and hype up this fight a bit.

Had to write that Olivier guys full name in the title so people know who I'm talking about

UFC running out of high level Canadian fighters

tsarukyan deserved it by losing his ufc debut <Lmaoo>

What's more surprising is how Tsarukyan got a higher ranked guy than Makhachev got for his next fight. Kid is very good though.

Other than Holloway v Edgar and (dare I say it) Cyborg v NoName, none of the fights are worthy of being on a Main Card. This is shit house.

I'm going to need a lot more alcohol to make this card good.

Like it has been said numerous times before: Too many cards = watered down cards with fighters who should still be fighting in regional circuits

UFC chose quantity over quality at some point, and that's why I don't buy cards anymore these days.

13-2 at age 22 with a fight of the night with Makachev... Slightly interested

Anyone else notice they had the wrong flag (Armenian) for Tsarukyan?

They probably put the better fights on the prelims so that people will watch them and want to buy the main card.

This isn't a strong card, but I actually enjoyed that fight. Should've been much lower on the card, but an interesting fight.

Why does the UFC think fans want to see fighters from whatever country they're in ? I mean I'm sure we'd all rather watch good exciting fighters instead of bums from the same area as you.

Anyone else notice they had the wrong flag (Armenian) for Tsarukyan?

He's Armenian but was born in Armenian Portion of Georgia -- not sure why they keep mentioning he's born in georgia

Like it has been said numerous times before: Too many cards = watered down cards with fighters who should still be fighting in regional circuits

UFC chose quantity over quality at some point, and that's why I don't buy cards anymore these days.
I'm not disagreeing, but football season is still weeks away, so I appreciate the frequent cards, even if they're watered-down.

Because these cards suck now.

iwch1mmgusf21.jpg

Same here. Last card I bought was GSP vs Bisping and the card before that was several years ago. I used to host large UFC parties but that all died out years ago. I hung on for a while but now I come here once a week to see what’s going on in the MMA world

He's Armenian but was born in Armenian Portion of Georgia -- not sure why they keep mentioning he's born in georgia

Thanks for the additional info

UFC should definitely correct that on their end (they make that mistake every once and a while...)

Back