Why is Satanism bad?

GV77Q8y.jpg

^Do you think the moslems will suffer eternal damnation?

lol. Even better... That's supposed to be Ben Carson. :icon_lol:

Hopefully Jesus cut his hand trying to make a sandwich or something it would be bad if it was knife wounds from defending himself against Carson. I dont think Jesus wears belt buckles.

This is the attempt of Abrahamic religions to scare the masses to only follow their teachings. The brainwashed masses are taught that anything not Christian tradition is evil. Yet there is so much inherent evil in the bible, such as killing for eating certain food or doing certain things.

The goat came from paganism where they would worship goats. Christians, with their vivid imagination took the goat and applied it to the devil. This is the way priests would show the masses that paganism is bad and Christianity is good.

The goat comes from Leviticus. Represents the demon Azazel.

^Do you think the moslems will suffer eternal damnation?

Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ, his gift to us and his forgiveness will suffer eternel damnation.

What will you do? I expect smack talk. But really think about that ShinkanPo.

Free will and all that

free will my ass, how can you chose to be a christian if all you know about christianity what some people are saying back in the other part of the planet, is like someone comes and tries to teach you about odinisim.... Ive debated this a lot with dontsnith in the previuous thread, Im sure you guys saw the exchange, but decided to stay at bay.

free will my ass, how can you chose to be a christian if all you know about christianity what some people are saying back in the other part of the planet, is like someone comes and tries to teach you about odinisim.... Ive debated this a lot with dontsnith in the previuous thread, Im sure you guys saw the exchange, but decided to stay at bay.

That is why Christians spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. So that all will know what Jesus Christ offers.

Joining a church based on a fictional character you know doesn't exist.

Doesn't seem to be "based" on Satan but merely using him as a symbol for what it IS based on, which is a set of pretty decent values from what I can see. Clearly it's partly a reaction to other religions. But then some historians have said that Christianity is also partly a reaction to the Roman state

Lol, yes BJ, your intellectual prowess had me shaking in my boots.

Doesn't seem to be "based" on Satan but merely using him as a symbol for what it IS based on, which is a set of pretty decent values from what I can see. Clearly it's partly a reaction to other religions. But then some historians have said that Christianity is also partly a reaction to the Roman state

Christianity as it stands today is a product of direct concoction by the Roman State, not simply a side effect of it.

Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ, his gift to us and his forgiveness will suffer eternel damnation.

What will you do? I expect smack talk. But really think about that ShinkanPo.

I don't smack talk much since my english is very bad I am just honestly curius what's your stand on Islam and Muslims in generalm

What do you mean "what am I going to do?"

It's pretty fucking silly, dude. Although I will concede it's not nearly as dangerous as following a religion literally. Example: Islam.

If they actually believed the Christian portrayal of Satan, why would you follow it? If you rebel against the dominant Christian theology and philosophy, Lucifer can become a sort of symbolic figure for that. Lucifer is known as "the light bearer" and also as "morning star, son of the dawn" which represents a sort of enlightenment figure, in opposition to what is viewed as an oppressive and dehumanizing belief system in Christianity. The metaphor is similar to the figure of Prometheus the Fire-Bringer in Greek mythology, who brings enlightenment in the form of fire to mankind and is eternally punished for it by Zeus. For people that don't subscribe to such things as literal truths, their usefulness as metaphorical figures remains. Like, if I started an organization known as "The Prometheus Society" or something, dedicated to scientific discovery for the benefit of mankind.

I wouldn't call myself a Satanist whatsoever, personally, but I don't insist on ignoring what a thing is to make it better fit into my world view, like you do.

The Morning star, or Lucifer, is Venus. There is an argument to be made that Satan and Lucifer are not meant to be understood as being one in the same. Astrologically speaking, they represent different planets within our system.

Satanists, and others, may unintentionally worship aspects of both simultaneously, while attributing them all to one entity - their lord Satan. After all, they use the pentagram in their symbolism, which is an astrological reference to Venus, or Lucifer. The five-pointed star is the path Venus traces in the sky every 40 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_anjLXpLc8

I've also seen it asserted that this is the reason the apple was chosen as the fruit with which to tempt Eve. When cut in half, apple pips reveal a five-pointed star, thus it is associated with Venus.

pentangle.jpg

Basically, the astrological influence of Venus, or how the existence of Venus in our solar system effects the development of life here, is what Lucifer is meant to depict.

Plato's reference of The Morning Star in Timaeus:

Time, then, and the heaven came into being at the same instant in order that, having been created together, if ever there was to be a dissolution of them, they might be dissolved together. It was framed after the pattern of the eternal nature, that it might resemble this as far as was possible; for the pattern exists from eternity, and the created heaven has been, and is, and will be, in all time. Such was the mind and thought of God in the creation of time. The sun and moon and five other stars, which are called the planets, were created by him in order to distinguish and preserve the numbers of time; and when he had made their several bodies, he placed them in the orbits in which the circle of the other was revolving — in seven orbits seven stars. First, there was the moon in the orbit nearest the earth, and next the sun, in the second orbit above the earth; then came the morning star and the star sacred to Hermes, moving in orbits which have an equal swiftness with the sun, but in an opposite direction; and this is the reason why the sun and Hermes and Lucifer overtake and are overtaken by each other.

That is why Christians spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. So that all will know what Jesus Christ offers.

too bad it doesnt reach enough...

again, put yourself in the place of someone having being born in a rural part of india or the afganistan, you may have a clue of what people living in the west claim jesus to be, there is no logical reason though to not think they are just nutts, just as you people think none christians are.

i wont go into this shit with you, nor with any kevin hovind follower, there is no possible way to have a rational debate with people like you guys.

How is it a decent set of values?

How is it a decent set of values?

Looking at the Satanic Temple website:

- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Those seem like pretty decent values to hold

I don't smack talk much since my english is very bad I am just honestly curius what's your stand on Islam and Muslims in general

I believe is a false religion. Why? Because Islam rejects that Jesus is son of God, and that he paved the way for our forgiveness. But I will say that there are some good people who are Muslims. And I believe they are people just like me in this sense, we are all sinners and we all need forgiveness.

Looking at the Satanic Temple website:

- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Those seem like pretty decent values to hold

Dude those are a contradictory and dangerous mash up of talking points.

Accept or reject what Jesus Christ has offered you.

I don't think Christ has offered anything to the vast majority of those in other religions...which causes a problem don't you think?

The Morning star, or Lucifer, is Venus. There is an argument to be made that Satan and Lucifer are not meant to be understood as being one in the same. Astrologically speaking, they represent different planets within our system.

Satanists, and others, may unintentionally worship aspects of both simultaneously, while attributing them all to one entity - their lord Satan. After all, they use the pentagram in their symbolism, which is an astrological reference to Venus, or Lucifer. The five-pointed star is the path Venus traces in the sky every 40 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_anjLXpLc8

I've also seen it asserted that this is the reason the apple was chosen as the fruit with which to tempt Eve. When cut in half, apple pips reveal a five-pointed star, thus it is associated with Venus.

pentangle.jpg

Basically, the astrological influence of Venus, or how the existence of Venus in our solar system effects the development of life here, is what Lucifer is meant to depict.

Plato's reference of The Morning Star in Timaeus:

Time, then, and the heaven came into being at the same instant in order that, having been created together, if ever there was to be a dissolution of them, they might be dissolved together. It was framed after the pattern of the eternal nature, that it might resemble this as far as was possible; for the pattern exists from eternity, and the created heaven has been, and is, and will be, in all time. Such was the mind and thought of God in the creation of time. The sun and moon and five other stars, which are called the planets, were created by him in order to distinguish and preserve the numbers of time; and when he had made their several bodies, he placed them in the orbits in which the circle of the other was revolving — in seven orbits seven stars. First, there was the moon in the orbit nearest the earth, and next the sun, in the second orbit above the earth; then came the morning star and the star sacred to Hermes, moving in orbits which have an equal swiftness with the sun, but in an opposite direction; and this is the reason why the sun and Hermes and Lucifer overtake and are overtaken by each other.

Interesting, sure, but none of it is real. So, really, it doesn't matter. It's a common understanding that Satan is Lucifer, and all the rest is tacked on there as well. Mythology morphs over time, anyway, so what version you choose is pretty arbitrary.

I don't think Christ has offered anything to the vast majority of those in other religions...which causes a problem don't you think?

I disagree. The gift of salvation and forgiveness is offered to everyone.

What's wrong with it?

Satanism espouses empowerment for the individual and doesn't take what the Church says for granted. Here...

"each individual is his or her own god [and that] there is no room for any other god". Adherents instead see the character of Satan as an archetype of pride, carnality, liberty, enlightenment, undefiled wisdom, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be motivated by a "dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things".

Top level Freemasons are Satanists. We could have a Satanist president, it wouldn't matter. Believing in any religion anyway is mumbo-jumbo without facts.

Worship power, don't be a slave to symbolism and mediocrity.

What it is is putting yourself above all others.
A serial killer puts his own sick pleasures above that of other people and murders.
Serial rapists the same thing.
Caligula the same thing.
Gangstas who come and do home invasions.
Gangstas who burn babies to get into a gang.

Etc.

Please tell me you are not this ingnant

Interesting, sure, but none of it is real. So, really, it doesn't matter. It's a common understanding that Satan is Lucifer, and all the rest is tacked on there as well. Mythology morphs over time, anyway, so what version you choose is pretty arbitrary.

Sure, from the perspective of someone who believes it all to be nonsense, it would certainly be arbitrary and (seem to) not matter.

Back