Why is Steam Issuing Tax Breaks for the Rich?

Don't be deceived. I hate it, but I'm simply not naive to its effectiveness based on just this: what I've already seen in every other industry. Steam is the good guy. Epic is the bad guy.

Don't fall prey to the bad guy's tactics. Be the consumer who exploits the bad guy, not the other way around.

giphy.gif

I like steam. I meant epic was the way to go if you were a game developer because they take less of a cut . 12% compared to 30
It depends on what you think your sales are going to be. Do you take the 12% cut and sell less games on Epic or take the 30% and sell more games on Steam?

It depends on what you think your sales are going to be. Do you take the 12% cut and sell less games on Epic or take the 30% and sell more games on Steam?
True... until epic gets bigger . I have found that if I want a game I will go to it to get it.. but I get what you are saying more people are on steam so more may come across your game ... but if epic keeps offering better cuts and gets bigger and bigger,more and more games it won’t matter if you arnt on steam.. people will go to epic.. of course there is also the chance of once they get big they also jack up there % of the cut...

ive never once opened the epic store to look for a game to purchase unless it is a freebie

True... until epic gets bigger .

Their rush to quickly diversify hinges solely on Fortnite generating the same revenue quarter after quarter. Problem is Epic are approaching this like a business fighting solvency, which is weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back