Why is sugar bad?

Not saying sugars are bad completely. They are beneficial as are fats ands proteins.
The problem seems to be how processed foods contain carbs in highly unusual amounts all in a relatively small package. MAc n cheese, twinkies, sodas, fruit roll ups etc. we are taking in obscene amounts of sugars as its easier , more convinient, and percieved cheaper than actually preparing meals from scratch which ten to go bad faster than preserved foods.

Its crazy how a lot of us munch on snacks like its the normal thing to do on the regular.
How many of us know the fat chick who starts to workout and claims she can drink that soda and munch down the snickers bar beacause she is going to burn it off, but remains fat.

On the other hand I have known obese coworkes who stopped pounding sodas and replaced them with water then proceeded to lose a significant amount of weight in approx a months time with out even thinking about working out. Another co worker who was married to a Mexican woman severly cut back on the tortillas and sodas and lost a respectable amount of weight and got his diabetes and blood pressure meds reduced.

Call it bro science if you want but im sticking to mainly natural sources of nutrients maybe 80% of the time and splurge on junk here and there. I am very happy with my composition and workout maybe 2 to 3 times a week.

From all the bad things I guess sodas are the worst, you can remove oxid with some of tha crap, I left it years ago, now my only guilty pleasure is chocolate XD

From all the bad things I guess sodas are the worst, you can remove oxid with some of tha crap, I left it years ago, now my only guilty pleasure is chocolate XD

Chocolate is good for you! IIIIInnnnn moderation of course. :D

(For seriously, try to make it the dark kind sometimes though)

I was browsing around last night, looking at nutrition articles, and there's some bodybuilder guy Jim Stoppiani or something who advocates eating gummy bears or pixy stix post workout because you need the carbs and they are like pure glucose which digests and is absorbed faster then say, fructose in a banana or something.

I'd never heard of someone serious about training talk about the benefits of gummy bears and pixy stix. I don't think i'm going to get on board with it, but it is interesting to think about.

I was browsing around last night, looking at nutrition articles, and there's some bodybuilder guy Jim Stoppiani or something who advocates eating gummy bears or pixy stix post workout because you need the carbs and they are like pure glucose which digests and is absorbed faster then say, fructose in a banana or something.

I'd never heard of someone serious about training talk about the benefits of gummy bears and pixy stix. I don't think i'm going to get on board with it, but it is interesting to think about.

You should read some stuff by Scott Abel. Physique model/bodybuilder coach who essentially designs his programming around carbohydrates and maximizing calorie intake while staying lean. His clients are all pretty much jacked as fuck, even the casual non-competitive ones not on drugs. Some of his ideas are meh, and I don't really like his exercise selection, but whatever -- nutrition-wise I like his approach.

I actually wrote an e-book recently regarding nutrition. It is based off of intermittent fasting, and I would definitely also advise eating the sugary/junky carb sources after a fasted workout. Many benefits, but you must calculate your macros!

PM me if you're interested in reading it btw (free of course)

It's probably was discussed somewhere on the forum already, but i coulnd't find it.

So, why exactly is sugar bad? I understand that refined sugar doesn't have any nutritional value, but what's the reason everyone is bashing on it so much? I understand that it's very easy to overeat and gain weight eating a lot ot sweets such as candy, chocolate bars, cakes etc. mainly because they're very tasty and it's easy very easy to overeat it but again, the problem why people gain weight is not because of sugar, but because of overeating.
The biggest reason is its hormonal response the body has to it. Our body does not react to it as food it reacts to it as a drug with it being fuel in a very compacted form instead of filled with nutrients and delivery systems such as fibrous material and carbs.

It isn't. I suffer from chronic hypoglycemia and sugar is my medicine.

Back