Why is this dumb joke so funny to me?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Ok fair warning, I'm going to tell you the joke, but it's not that great. So lower your expectations now.

But I was at this party and this old guy I know was telling this old lady that his family came here from Scotland. Then he says, "You ever heard that song 'Hey you, get off of my cloud?' Well in Scotland we'd say, 'Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe.'"

I don't think the lady got it, but in her defense, she only heard the word "you" and didn't see it spelled "ewe" and ewe is not a common word.

Not only that, but the song is pretty old and it's not one that gets mentioned much anymore.

And then on top of that, she probably didn't know about the jokes about Scottish men being sheep fuckers.

But I got it and started busting up, which totally revealed that I was eavesdropping on their conversation.

And now it's been 2 days and I can't stop thinking about that joke. I'll be doing stuff around the house and I just start chuckling again at the thought of it. I don't know why I think it's so funny. Just hit the right nerve I guess.

I'm with you. It's a great joke. I also think it needs to be verbal to be funny, not written. I think it's probably because almost nobody knows what a ewe is

Speaking as a Brit, I get it but I don't find it funny , probably because the Scots don't actually have a reputation as sheep fuckers....the Welsh however...

But that doesn't work with the rest of the joke.

But I got it and started busting up, which totally revealed that I was eavesdropping on their conversation.

Picked my kids up from school one day when they were about 5 and 8 and told them this joke.

"What's brown and sticky?"
"Dunno"
"A stick "

Kids were like " What?"

The woman who was walking behind us however started laughing and then struck up a conversation with me about the joke ....

Picked my kids up from school one day when they were about 5 and 8 and told them this joke.

"Dunno"
"A stick "

Kids were like " What?"

The woman who was walking behind us however started laughing and then struck up a conversation with me about the joke ....

What's blue and smells like red paint?

Blue paint

monty-python-police.gif

@Phlog

b8800790-6b33-44fe-8a66-10f77b80c4b3_text.gif

Ok fair warning, I'm going to tell you the joke, but it's not that great. So lower your expectations now.

But I was at this party and this old guy I know was telling this old lady that his family came here from Scotland. Then he says, "You ever heard that song 'Hey you, get off of my cloud?' Well in Scotland we'd say, 'Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe.'"

I don't think the lady got it, but in her defense, she only heard the word "you" and didn't see it spelled "ewe" and ewe is not a common word.

Not only that, but the song is pretty old and it's not one that gets mentioned much anymore.

And then on top of that, she probably didn't know about the jokes about Scottish men being sheep fuckers.

And now it's been 2 days and I can't stop thinking about that joke. I'll be doing stuff around the house and I just start chuckling again at the thought of it. I don't know why I think it's so funny. Just hit the right nerve I guess.
I think it's a great joke! I laughed

"Dunno"
"A stick "

Kids were like " What?"

The world would be so dull without dad jokes lol

This reminds me, that Billy Ocean "get out of my dreams and into my car" is a great song.

To add to your joke that makes you laugh, I heard one the other day at lunch that makes me smile when I think of it.

A horse walks into a bar.
Bartender goes "why the long face?"
Horse answers "I have cancer."

that was a joke? wow, that's the funniest part.

My cousin's upset and depressed about life.

He came out of the closet last week, no problems with family, we're all laid back.

He lost a great paying job with good benefits, working at our local sperm bank.

Monday he was fired, he got caught drinking on the job.

What happened to the Native American who drank too much tea in his tent?

He died in his teepee

Back