Why Mercedes Benz ditched the gullwing for their AMG GTR?

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
amg-gtr-web-2289.jpg
images

No more gullwing

the AMG GT never had gullwings. You're thinking of the SLS which serves a different purpose altogether. SLS is for cruising down the boulevard breaking necks and flexing. AMG GT is a purer sports car for track supremacy.

row_4863.jpg

The AMG GT-R is the sexiest Mercedes since the '55 300SL and the most capable performer too. It would be the most coveted car in the world if the GT2 RS didn't exist.

Benz designers are so much better than the rest. Idk about engineering though. But based on pure aesthetics, they are one of the best.

Benz designers are so much better than the rest. Idk about engineering though. But based on pure aesthetics, they are one of the best.
disagree. The rest of their lineup is ugly as sin.
Model-Lineup-Page-2015-CLA-CLASS-COUPE-GALLERY-004-GOE-D.jpg

2016-GLE-CLASS-COUPE-1-model-line-up-page.jpg

I hate the current design language they've burdened their cars with. The AMG GT is the exception- just classically beautiful from every angle.

still not as ugly as current BMW though.
2019-bmw-x7-xdrive40i-blue-front-quarter-driving.jpg

look at this monstrosity.
<DisgustingHHH>

row_4863.jpg

The AMG GT-R is the sexiest Mercedes since the '55 300SL and the most capable performer too. It would be the most coveted car in the world if the GT2 RS didn't exist.
I think the Merc GTR can reclaim that title from Porsche if only they increase the hp from 500 to 700.

row_4863.jpg

False. lol

If I won that lottery thing I would buy this first, and probably daily drive it.

Its batmobile awesome.

disagree. The rest of their lineup is ugly as sin.
Model-Lineup-Page-2015-CLA-CLASS-COUPE-GALLERY-004-GOE-D.jpg

2016-GLE-CLASS-COUPE-1-model-line-up-page.jpg

I hate the current design language they've burdened their cars with. The AMG GT is the exception- just classically beautiful from every angle.

<PandaHi75> I cant believe you did not add the pickup.....

17c418-01-1500402586.jpg

Hey bro, why do we have a gold sherdog emblem under our usernames? I didn't have that a few days ago.

I've loved BMW and Audi ever since I was a kid growing up in Germany, but over the last few years Mercedes has blown them both away in terms of aesthetics. They're pretty much the only cars around at the moment that can turn my head. Pure sex

Back