Why Michael Buffer will always be the GOAT - listen to this epic introduction

One of the few ring announcers I didn't have to turn off out of annoyance. Can't say the same for his brother. Ugh.
bruce isn't nearly as good, but he's also weirdly delusional about how he's a tough guy.

That is amazing! Nobody comes close to Michael Buffer. Thing is, this probably isn't even prime Michael Buffer. That was probably in the 80s or 90s.

I do wish he'd retire now, though. Seeing his last two announcing gigs was a bit sad. It's not that they were awful, but he clearly doesn't have the energy or passion anymore.

The best combination in all combat sports was Michael Buffer's "Let's Get Ready to Rumble!" introduction followed by Mills Lane saying, "Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it on." That always made my hair stand on end.

bruce isn't nearly as good, but he's also weirdly delusional about how he's a tough guy.

Sometimes when you're around tough people, you start to think you're tough yourself. I guess that's what happened with Bruce. He thinks he's a fighter instead of just the dork ring announcer.

I feel like he's just kept around as a mascot because he's truly terrible at his job. Last time I heard his voice was probably in the 2000s. Can't imagine he has gotten any better.

Jimmy Lennon Jr is great too, but I give the edge to Buffer. Both are irreplaceable. As we can see today, there's no new guys coming up that have even a fraction of the charisma. That guy with the long, dreaded hair... "THIS IS IT... I SAID THIS IS IT!", or that even worse guy who overdoes it with aggression in his voice who also does UFC fights. Joe Martinez is his name I think.

It's one of those things that when i saw it live it made me want to jump up from the adrenaline but also stay perfectly still, because it gave me chills. One of the only other intros/entrances that made me feel like that was back in the Pride days -

Buffer was pure class. He also brought so much to WCW wrestling in the late 90s, gave it a genuine big fight feel. As with most things these days , things get worse, and we are stuck with his blow hard brother who is cringe city.

I've always thought that he was the best. He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall Of Fame in 2012.

“Born November 2, 1944 in Philadelphia, PA. Discharged from the Army in 1967, he found work as a car salesman and model.

In 1982 he was watching a boxing match with his son, who told his dad he could do better than the ring announcer who just misread a decision. His first fight was in October 1982 in Atlantic City and Buffer was soon announcing fights on ESPN. In 1983, in an attempt to energize the crowd during pre-fight introductions, he coined the phrase “Let’s Get Ready To Rumble.” The expression soon skyrocketed in popularity and has become synonymous with major boxing events the world over. One of the most famous brands in the world, in 1995 Buffer obtained a trademark and copyright for the phrase. Buffer’s unmistakable voice has been center ring for bouts involving Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, Arturo Gatti, Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Oscar De La Hoya, Bernard Hopkins, Evander Holyfield and countless other champions.

His pre-fight introductions have become beloved parts of the pageantry and atmosphere on fight night and “Let’s Get Ready To Rumble” creates a level of excitement and energy for fans who eagerly await the now iconic clarion call to battle.”

www.ibhof.com/pages/about/inductees/nonparticipant/buffer.html

Bruce Buffer is a legend in the world of boxing. Unfortunately, in the ufc were left with his crap brother.

Sometimes when you're around tough people, you start to think you're tough yourself. I guess that's what happened with Bruce. He thinks he's a fighter instead of just the dork ring announcer.

I feel like he's just kept around as a mascot because he's truly terrible at his job. Last time I heard his voice was probably in the 2000s. Can't imagine he has gotten any better.
Bruce is part of UFC lore. He is objectively ridiculous, but i hope they keep him. Just like i love the vintage coliseum entrance music.

Of all the things to make you fangirl out over something, this truly baffles me. Who gives fuck about the announcer?

He seems just as contrived and ridiculous as his brother to me.

Of all the things to make you fangirl out over something, this truly baffles me. Who gives fuck about the announcer?

He seems just as contrived and ridiculous as his brother to me.
Michael Buffer is an international boxing Hall of Famer and his brother Bruce once held his own against Frank Trigg in an elevator fight. Show some respect.

Reading this makes me think a little bit less of Matt Hughes tbh.
I was only being half serious but yes the story is true. Trigg himself confirmed it as did Dana. Bruce can actually fight. I'm not sure if he used to compete or not but he was a martial artist prior to becoming a fight announcer. I just Googled his credentials. He's a black belt in Tang Soo Do and a green belt in Judo. Frank fucked around and found out lol.

Bruce is lucky that his brother Michael let him do the ufc. But in a way it suits Michael, cause the ufc would never pay him the big bucks.

Bruce is lucky that his brother Michael let him do the ufc. But in a way it suits Michael, cause the ufc would never pay him the big bucks.
I think the UFC probably pays Bruce pretty well. My understanding is that it's mainly just the fighters that they rip off.

i was thinking that Bruce Buffer was maybe the worst I've ever seen, but I've been watching a lot of RWS lately, and the cheeseball announcer there makes Bruce seem like Mike.

Back