Why our foreign policy makes me ashamed to be an American

Whether the u.s. is Involved or not these people will always be at war.

`does the world need a policeman?`
Well, I seem to remember all the times the US chose to not get involved outright (Rwanda as an example) how the international community gets up in arms we didn't do anything and any time we get involved when the Blue Hat dumbshits couldn't do the job properly (Somalia) we get crucified when it invariably blows up in our face so....

Well, I seem to remember all the times the US chose to not get involved outright (Rwanda as an example) how the international community gets up in arms we didn't do anything and any time we get involved when the Blue Hat dumbshits couldn't do the job properly (Somalia) we get crucified when it invariably blows up in our face so....

The question wasn't, "does the world feel entitled to being babysat?"

And don't get me started on UN 'peacekeepers'.

Yeah. I member a time when we called ourselves the shining light of liberty, and didn't arm authoritarian monarchs with cluster bombs to drop on dirt farmers outside their own borders.
Do you really? I hate to tell ypu but arming authoritarian monarchs/dictators is kind of our thing. Look at south america for a bunch of shining examples. America has had a lot of slogans over the years but things like "shining light of liberty" and "land of the free" are just propagandized ideals we should be working toward not necessarily a current or past reality.

Personally i think we should be far more isolationist when it comes to these things but it seems those in power feel the need to manipulate other governments to maintain there power.

Saudi Arabia essentially made the U.S. into a superpower by forcing everyone else to use the dollar to trade oil. If we want to keep our way of life and maintain that superpower status we have to deal with them for now and keep the boat afloat.
Of course as China gains influence eventually they will push for trade using the yuan and that will change things dramatically.
Get rid of this BS that the U.S. is the good guys. I love our country but you dont become the global leader without getting your hands dirty from time to time.

So long as there's no draft, Americans don't seem to have much of a problem contributing to the deaths of foreigners. Unless of course the left wants to stick it to a Republican President. Then they'll pretend to care. At least Republicans are consistent with their blood lust.

I don't think you are getting it.

The Saudis used to have a proxy government, that they could pretend they were supporting. Nothing of that government remains. You have a Sunni government openly operating in a Shiite country, in a war of aggression. We hang war criminals for acts of aggression, not arm them.

Did you make typo there? Do you mean the Yemeni used to have proxy gubment or do you mean Saudis. SA is a mostly Sunni country not Shiite, or do you mean Yemen?

Do you really? I hate to tell ypu but arming authoritarian monarchs/dictators is kind of our thing. Look at south america for a bunch of shining examples. America has had a lot of slogans over the years but things like "shining light of liberty" and "land of the free" are just propagandized ideals we should be working toward not necessarily a current or past reality.

Personally i think we should be far more isolationist when it comes to these things but it seems those in power feel the need to manipulate other governments to maintain there power.

Saudi Arabia essentially made the U.S. into a superpower by forcing everyone else to use the dollar to trade oil. If we want to keep our way of life and maintain that superpower status we have to deal with them for now and keep the boat afloat.
Of course as China gains influence eventually they will push for trade using the yuan and that will change things dramatically.
Get rid of this BS that the U.S. is the good guys. I love our country but you dont become the global leader without getting your hands dirty from time to time.

Sounds like a plan to let bankers run our country.

Smaller, less powerful nations have caused more death and destruction that America?
Name them.

Clearly you have an agenda and cant own up that yahh America is the far lesser of all the evils and history proves it so.

Half of Europe has committed far more death then America and they did it with a fraction of their power.

Keep bshiting all you want otherwise.

Last edited:
Back