Why Ronda lost to Holly Holm was 80% psychological.

No, I really think it was the sudden realization that Holly Holm is a much better striker than her.

At the weigh-ins a day before the fight, Ronda learned something about Holly Holms that she wished she didn't have.

When Ronda tried to provoke a reaction out of Holly at the weigh-ins, she found out that Holly Holm is everything that Ronda isn't.

Ronda is an emotional, inside her head, attention seeking, illogical woman who NEEDS the approval of the men and women around her, much like the rest of the female gender except her ego has been built up x1000%. She pretty much lives in a glass house psychologically and it takes only a small fracture in it to have the whole house come crashing down.

When she got face to face with Holly, she found out that Holly was not the typical female. Holly is completely centered, balanced, unemotional, logical person, pretty much she has more of a masculine core than a feminine core and there is nothing Ronda can do to get Holly off of her center. When you have feminine and masculine energy interact like that, the feminine energy starts to become unglued and unsure of itself, and its life dependence orbits around what the masculine energy does.

Ronda at that point completely lost it and knew she was in trouble. As hard as she tried to put on a tough face, she knew that Holly was a completely different type of person from all the opponents Ronda had in the past. And what came afterwards Ronda already knew subconsciously was going to happen.

Just look at the contrast between Ronda and Holly when they speak or answer questions. Its a marked difference and that is why Ronda will always fear Holly and she will never get the title again as long as Holly is the champion.

you are a smart man and this post is brilliant

hats off

OP is somewhat correct. Rousey is just overrated plain and simple. Rousey fans are just butt hurt that reality set in. HAHA!!! I have said forever she has zero striking skills and is a front runner. Rhonda Rousey is the female Brock Lesnar. I'm loving it!

Not going to read as I'm sure you're over thinking it. The mental side was simple

Holm was not mentally defeated going into the fight like most before. You make that walk 40 times and I'll be damned if your afraid of your opponent

Holly was confident in her skills and ability to beat Ronda that's why everything happened, at the weigh ins thats what real confidence and determination looks like, compare it to Rondas past opponents most of them smiling, what are you smiling at?

It had nothing to do with weigh ins and everything to do with Ronda being unable to execute her gameplan/bullying in the cage.

I want to see Tank Abbotts reaction. Tank was right in saying she couldn't punch her way out of a wet paper bag.

Hahahaha Now post a copy of your psychology degree.

Are you accusing Holm of being too masculine? Lol. Or just too masculine for Ronda?

So the weigh-in was more crucial than Holly's movement and striking clinic?

At the weigh-ins a day before the fight, Ronda learned something about Holly Holms that she wished she didn't have.

When Ronda tried to provoke a reaction out of Holly at the weigh-ins, she found out that Holly Holm is everything that Ronda isn't.

Ronda is an emotional, inside her head, attention seeking, illogical woman who NEEDS the approval of the men and women around her, much like the rest of the female gender except her ego has been built up x1000%. She pretty much lives in a glass house psychologically and it takes only a small fracture in it to have the whole house come crashing down.

When she got face to face with Holly, she found out that Holly was not the typical female. Holly is completely centered, balanced, unemotional, logical person, pretty much she has more of a masculine core than a feminine core and there is nothing Ronda can do to get Holly off of her center. When you have feminine and masculine energy interact like that, the feminine energy starts to become unglued and unsure of itself, and its life dependence orbits around what the masculine energy does.

Ronda at that point completely lost it and knew she was in trouble. As hard as she tried to put on a tough face, she knew that Holly was a completely different type of person from all the opponents Ronda had in the past. And what came afterwards Ronda already knew subconsciously was going to happen.

Just look at the contrast between Ronda and Holly when they speak or answer questions. Its a marked difference and that is why Ronda will always fear Holly and she will never get the title again as long as Holly is the champion.

1. this is all true.
2. the disparity in standup skills, athleticism and cardio SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED.
3. i will probably be the only person to get this correctly here. dont be discouraged, the mnore Sherdog tells you that you are wrong, the more right you are.

I guess...but really, Holm and her team watched enough video on Ronda to know that she has never had to really box and that her footwork is bad. In the end, that's how Ronda lost.

Back