Why so many people think Chito is getting KO’d?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I don’t understand this. Chito is known for his durability and has never been wobbled once in his entire UFC career, even after going to war with HUGE hitters (arguably harder hitters than Sean) such as Yadong, 135lb Aldo, and John motherfrocking Lineker. He’s never been hurt or dropped once.

Not just that. He’s also known for his defense. Most guys can barely land anything clean on this guy. Sean definitely struggled in their first fight.

I think the disrespect to Chito’s chin and defense is absolutely ridiculous from the O’Malley casuals.

Put some respect on the boi Chito.

impressive-v0-jhp492qpksmc1.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t believe he’s ever been even rocked in his entire career. Guy is known to be defensively sound and has a good chin whenever people do get through. I mean sure, everybody’s chin goes at some point but that’s not the safe bet here in my opinion. I kinda think this one could end up being a somewhat mundane point fight.

I don’t understand this. Chito is known for his durability and has never been wobbled once in his entire UFC career, even after going to war with HUGE hitters (arguably harder hitters than Sean) such as Yadong, 135lb Aldo, and John motherfrocking Lineker. He’s never been hurt or dropped once.

Not just that. He’s also known for his defense. Most guys can barely land anything clean on this guy. Sean definitely struggled in their first fight.

I think the disrespect to Chito’s chin and defense is absolutely ridiculous from the O’Malley casuals.

I’ve seen more people thinking Kevin Holland gets slept by MVP which is just as unlikely to me.

There you go, it's the casual teenager fans that saw a couple tik tok clips of O'Malley knocking out guys and they are like, Sean has drip, he's gonna sleep the next guy, no cap

Vera is 1-0 against Sean O’Malley. I hope that Marlon Vera goes 2-0 Sean O’Malley.

To this day, I'm still livid and enraged that Andre Soukhamthath never saw his golden opportunity to eliminate Sean.

Furthermore, I'm still livid that Herb Dean stopped the MMA fight between Sean O'Malley and Kris Moutinho when there were only a few seconds left in the third (and final round).

Herb Dean was the referee in the MMA fight between Sean O'Malley and Kris Moutinho (obviously).

Don't get it either.

The only guy O'Malley has KOed in the UFC was an old, washed Eddie Wineland, who also got finished in his next 2 subsequent fights.

Sean has a bunch of tkos and is a fantastic striker, but he is not a power puncher and Chito is defensively sound and has an iron chin.

Sean hasn't come close to knocking out anybody who even remotely has a chin.

A finish by either fighter would be hilarious. Love this matchup.

I think it’s mostly just hyperbole. No one wants to say their favorite fighter is gonna win a hard fought decision

i dunno, in all honesty i just feel like when i watch Chitos last few fights he does not seem like he has improved very much, in any department, hes good, solid fighter, but seems like the typical journey man career, always there, always down to fight, but never a champion, thats just my 2 cents, in all honesty i dont know enough about Chito and have not watched enough of his fights, its just how i feel with the few that ive seen.

As a side note, striking vs Sean is never a good thing, the guy is as sound in striking as anyone in the UFC, so its not unrealistic to think he will win via KO

I totally understand favouring O’Malley, but Chito’s never really lost a purely stand-up fight in a long time.

-285 for O’Malley is a little too high, IMO for a five round fight.

Sean should look amazing in the first two rounds, but I don’t see Chito “freezing up” without wrestling in the mix. I also don’t think he’s getting KO’d.

I think worse case scenario for Chito is losing 4-1/3-2. O’Malley winning via robbery or 3-2 (but looking bad in the championship rounds) is very much on the table.

Vera is 1-0 against Sean O’Malley. I hope that Marlon Vera goes 2-0 Sean O’Malley.

To this day, I'm still livid and enraged that Andre Soukhamthath never saw his golden opportunity to eliminate Sean.

Furthermore, I'm still livid that Herb Dean stopped the MMA fight between Sean O'Malley and Kris Moutinho when there were only a few seconds left in the third (and final round).

Herb Dean was the referee in the MMA fight between Sean O'Malley and Kris Moutinho (obviously).
I'm still livid that we never got Mike Goldberg to commentate a Soukhamtath fight and talk about how we really just want to "Soak it all in".

Those are all good points and I forgot about John motherfrocking Lineker !

I can see Sean as a slight favorite without any disrespect to Chito.

And I also think Chito is well aware that his opportunity here is rare and won't come again for him if he loses.. Chito is very smart and we are going to see if he can do a couple of things.

1) Have a gameplan up front that considers O'Mally's improvement since they last fought.

2) Be able to adapt mid-fight if he is getting sniped at distance.

This could be a deep waters war just like O'Malley's bout with Yan...

I don't see a KO here either. Most likely outcome is O'malley by decision.

Chito doesn't throw a lot of strikes and O'malley is a counter striker. Just might put some $$ on that

I'm still perplexed by the fact that Sean fouled Munhoz in a fight he was losing and everyone just chalked it up as a win and moved on.

I'm still livid that we never got Mike Goldberg to commentate a Soukhamtath fight and talk about how we really just want to "Soak it all in".

It seems like he retired a long time ago. Also, Mike Goldberg always makes me roll.

Mike Goldberg: "Travis Lutter was at least pretty fucking good at Brasilian Jiu-jitsu."

Chito's chin and cardio are the only thing that keep this guy in the top10. Imagine this guy winning and being the champ? lol that would be sad.

Back