Opinion Why US spends so much on the army?

We love to blame corporations (I'm hardly an exception) but here blue collar folks are also to blame to an extent. The military industrial complex also provides many jobs and no representative wants to be the one who has the military hardware factory in his district shut down and lay off a bunch of people because that hardware isn't necessary. So they'll all fight tooth and nail to maintain production even if its not necessary to keep those blue collar manufacturing jobs in his district instead of having them laid off and vote against him.

Stealth.jpg

for that slick & slippery delight known as oil.

Shale1.png

Shale2.jpg

US is going to run out of oil in 10 or 15 years though. Last I read.

LOL, that's absurd. Oil is everywhere. That number you're referring to is surely only in relation to current reserves, discoveries, and capacity.

LOL, that's absurd. Oil is everywhere. That number you're referring to is surely only in relation to current reserves, discoveries, and capacity.

When this thread was started, some still believed US shale was a "ponzi scheme" and the number was 2-3 years. The amount of recoverable oil of my home state's Bakken formation has also quadrupled since that time and is closer to 40 billion barrels now. People just don't know a lot about the sector or the level of technological innovation behind America's shale revolution. By all means folks, as you were.

Back