Why wasn't fighting Cub technically like he usually does?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I mean don't get me wrong i love that he chose to go all out like that, but isn't this guy typically a technically sound fighter? Was it part of the gameplan to get dirty and gritty or was he just very angry?

The Asian kid kept blocking with his face, seemed like a good idea at the time.

He gassed trying to finish him in the first, i think. Had to rely on guts after that, to mediocre results.

He gassed trying to rough up Choi....and Choi gassed after being roughed up by the clinching and Swanson's overhand rights.

They both wanted to bang bro. And they both let each other. Why can't you just be happy about that night? Tim Kennedy even got humiliated. There's really nothing to complain about at all for UFC 206

They both wanted to bang bro. And they both let each other. Why can't you just be happy about that night? Tim Kennedy even got humiliated. There's really nothing to complain about at all for UFC 206
Maybe try to read the OP in the threads you click on? Where is the complaint?

Because he was in the mood to have fun by just going all out?
Fair enough. I haven't got into the interviews or anything like that, so i was just wondering if that was a part of the always briliant Jackson gameplan or just Swanson giving zero fucks

He was holding it together pretty well until Cub started landing bombs and spinning shit on his melon.

Choi prefers to play it technically and we've never seen him under a lot of pressure and pushed back, maybe Cub knew this and wanted to test his heart and ability to deal with lots of pressure and aggressiveness.

Choi clearly has a ridiculous chin and a lot of heart though, which I'm sure surprised Cub a little bit since he landed bombs over and over but Choi just wouldn't go away, but he didn't play Choi's game at all by letting it be a technical fight and let Choi be the one moving forward and leading the dance like usual.

He did the right thing IMO. Choi was having some good success early and Cub basically just decided to stop fighting his fight and make it a war.

Choi prefers to play it technically and we've never seen him under a lot of pressure and pushed back, maybe Cub knew this and wanted to test his heart and ability to deal with lots of pressure and aggressiveness.

Choi clearly has a ridiculous chin and a lot of heart though, which I'm sure surprised Cub a little bit since he landed bombs over and over but Choi just wouldn't go away, but he didn't play Choi's game at all by letting it be a technical fight and let Choi be the one moving forward and leading the dance like usual.

He did the right thing IMO. Choi was having some good success early and Cub basically just decided to stop fighting his fight and make it a war.
Awesome. I too noticed how Cub just fought a completely different fight in the second round. Great example of a fighter adapting.

Not really. Cub always starts technical, but he seems to get emotional in there which leads to brawling. But still, he's one hell of a fucking brawler. It works for him against all but the best in the division. The guy is one of my favorite fighters.

I think he was just trying to prove a point that he still has it, physically.

Cubs always mixed up technical approach from Joel Diaz with the wild Jackson/wink shit

Watch the Siver, Pearson and Stephens fights and see how different he looks in some rounds

Idk, why don't you go to JacksonWink and ask him. maybe he'll let you spar with him and you'll get to see if he starts out technical or not.

Back