Whys Jim Miller fighting Bobby Green?

Not really. Either way, it's not the dream fight I've been waiting my whole life for. Matt Brown fights at 170 anyhow, doesn't he?
Yes. That's why the match up was dumb to begin with.

Bobby Lee is ranked just on the outside of the top 10. Coming off impressive wins over Grant Dawson and Ferguson. He has the skills to compete in the top 10 or just on the cusp of it.

Still in his prime or at least fairly close to it.

Jim miller has been fighting for almost 20 years. He's 40 years old. Been out of his prime for a long time. The last several years of his career, he's only been fighting lower level guys, which is generally what you want to see in a fighter in the twilight of his career.

This is a massive bump in competition that doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially since he might have one or two fights left in his career.

Jim Miller isn't even in the top 50 @ LW atm.
bobby green a guy with no power knocks down grant Dawson with one punch. Gets dropped by old man tony on a 50 fight losing streak or whatever it is right now. Impressive wins? Dawson sure, don’t even kid yourself with Tony being an impressive win

if bobby was just on the cusp of top ten at all times he would be perpetually ranked 10-15, but he’s not

Yes. That's why the match up was dumb to begin with.
matt brown would've made sense when it comes to the current state of their careers.

Both are pretty much at the very end, a fight or two left at best.

Bobby Green has shown he can still compete at a pretty high level and is ranked just outside the top 10.

I guess Miller gets a bigger payday for 300 if he fights a bigger name.

I just don't like seeing these older fighters going out bad. Edgar got smoked by Gutierrez, that fight really shouldn't have happened. This seems pretty similar.

matt brown would've made sense when it comes to the current state of their careers.

Bobby Green has shown he can still compete at a pretty high level and is ranked just outside the top 10.

Jim Miller is 5'8 and Matt Brown is 6'0. Remember when Diego Sanchez went up to 170 to fight Matt Brown? He was nearly killed in the 1st round. No reason to see that match up unless you like the freakshow match up that will end with Miller losing.

Good matchup, Green gets caught in subs pretty often and Miller is older and probably worse in the standup. Both guys have paths to victory. I thought Felder would've been a more even match, but I like this too.

I just don't like seeing these older fighters going out bad. Edgar got smoked by Gutierrez, that fight really shouldn't have happened. This seems pretty similar.
Green is 37 years old and got smoked his last fight. Miller has looked better than Green over the last 6 and the age is similar now, both aging. I will concede that oddsmakers have Green winning but i'm not seeing it. I would put my money on Miller by Sub.

Jared Gordon was having success with Green so I can't see why Miller couldn't since he should have much of the same skill set.

I've never been too big on Green so I might be biased but Miller needs to work his kicks, knees, change levels and angle constantly so he's not on the center line and he should have the skills to make this fight a fight. Green is fantastic with straight shots but once you get past that he's very hittable and beatable. T-Ferg was doing okay early before he mentally crumbled in that fight so I think Miller is capable of at least being competitive without the fear of crumbling or running into straight shots with no adjustments.

Miller's never been the type to just run into punches, this is the dude who taught Poirier to calf kick. The question here is Miller physical enough to hurt Green at this point? I don't think so but I do think he keeps this competitive.

Jared Gordon was having success with Green so I can't see why Miller couldn't since he should have much of the same skill set.

I've never been too big on Green so I might be biased but Miller needs to work his kicks, knees, change levels and angle constantly so he's not on the center line and he should have the skills to make this fight a fight. Green is fantastic with straight shots but once you get past that he's very hittable and beatable. T-Ferg was doing okay early before he mentally crumbled in that fight so I think Miller is capable of at least being competitive without the fear of crumbling or running into straight shots with no adjustments.

Miller's never been the type to just run into punches, this is the dude who taught Poirier to calf kick. The question here is Miller physical enough to hurt Green at this point? I don't think so but I do think he keeps this competitive.
He definitely can hurt Bobby's calves, that Miller kick is deceptively powerful (he gets really good leverage). Poirier still says he's never been leg kicked that hard and he's fought Justin twice. Btw I do think Miller can hurt Bobby with punches too, however unlikely that might be. I can see Miller winning via calf damage then sub, especially with the way Green fights standing.

Green is 37 years old and got smoked his last fight. Miller has looked better than Green over the last 6 and the age is similar now, both aging. I will concede that oddsmakers have Green winning but i'm not seeing it. I would put my money on Miller by Sub.

Yeah I don't see Green getting this either.

I'll take miller by KO, TKO

I guess he wants to retire with a loss at 300.

Bobby green Is a guy who still has the skills to hang in the top 10 or just on the outside of it.

Miller has been fighting for almost 20 years at 40 years old. He's been fighting lower level guys for years now.

Seems like an unusual bump in competition for what could be one of his last fights.

If Jim asked for the bump In competition, then I guess it's fine.

But this seems like a mismatch, like when edgar fought Gutierrez for his last fight
Green is 37 years old, already had 11 pro fights when UFC 100 happened, and his career high ranking (peak) was when he fought Barboza 10 years ago.

Green is a little fresher and will be the slight favorite but both guys are game veterans well past their peaks.

Absolutely nothing like Edgar vs Gutierrez what a strange comparison. Gutierrez was 10 years younger and was at his peak then.

He definitely can hurt Bobby's calves, that Miller kick is deceptively powerful (he gets really good leverage). Poirier still says he's never been leg kicked that hard and he's fought Justin twice. Btw I do think Miller can hurt Bobby with punches too, however unlikely that might be. I can see Miller winning via calf damage then sub, especially with the way Green fights standing.
You're right. That right hook and left straight is pretty damn hard, not like his prime but he still has pop on it enough to get a club and sub type finish if he can get an angle.
The more I think about the fight the more I like it both men have paths to victory.

Back