Widler KOd Stiverne ded with 1 punch through his guard + destroyed Dominis skull. UNREAL POWER+SPEED

Parker?! Wilder would have Parker out of there inside 3.
I very much doubt it. Parker can box really negatively. He took Joshua 12 rounds and I see nothing in Wilder's boxing that makes me think he'd be able to land on Parker much less take him out.

Fury woke up when he hit the ground. His eyes rolled back. Props to him for making the count. Ortiz got it. 41 fights, 40 KOs. You can pick at any of these guy's records. Let's not forget Joshua was just slated to fight Jarrell frickin' Miller.
And Joshua has fought Parker, Povetkin, Whyte and Klitschko. All better than anyone Wilder has fought other than Fury and he's done it inside 22 fights. The records don't compare.

Is he? I have Wilder, Fury and Joshua in the top 3 spots and then I'd put Whyte and Parker at 4 and 5. They all have better records than Ortiz. Fury isn't that hard to knock down, as I already stated Cunningham knocked him down and he went down pretty hard. Took about 8 seconds to get up. That's just a CW. I don't think Fury has the best chin but he does have amazing recovery.

When Wilder fought Ortiz, Ortiz was certainly seen as the #4 guy by most people.

And Joshua has fought Parker, Povetkin, Whyte and Klitschko. All better than anyone Wilder has fought other than Fury and he's done it inside 22 fights. The records don't compare.

I think Ortiz was a better win than Parker and Whyte. I think Parker and Whyte are both pretty overrated by some people.

He's got thunder in his right hand, that's for sure.

Haven't seen anything special from his left hand though.

You would think any good boxer would be able to take away one punch. However heavyweight skill level is far below the rest of the weight classes so power alone can carry a guy like him much further.

Can you imagine what say a HW sized Andre Ward would do with Wilder?

Last edited:
Wlad was 40 and hadn't been in the ring for two years. It's perhaps the most overrated win in the sport. Ortiz is old but he's not inactive. And his only career loss is to Wilder, just as Whyte's only career loss is to Joshua.

Maybe, maybe not. Being the most overrated win in the sport by beating Wlad. I don't know why you would make a statement like that, even if Wlad was out a year or two.
We're arguing opinions here, not facts.
One fact is that Joshua has a better resume in first 22 fights than Wilder does in his 42 fights. That's almost double. Pretty significant when you look at it.

When Wilder fought Ortiz, Ortiz was certainly seen as the #4 guy by most people.

I think Ortiz was a better win than Parker and Whyte. I think Parker and Whyte are both pretty overrated by some people.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think Ortiz is/was as good as Parker or Whyte.

He is the hardest hitter right now and its not even close. Joshuas chin is massive, but he wont survive Wilders NBA power and speed.

giphy.gif

15582754032115087.gif

He almost broke his neck.
15582752222115025.gif

its the fight we want. I agree. I got wilder getting out boxed similar to Ortiz before a late KO. the problem is that, AJ makes crazy money for can crushing. If it continues, likely, we get a floyd pacman situation. someone loses or the fight happens after thry get old. lets pray it happens in 2020.

Povetkin dropped out of his fight with Wilder because of PEDs. Wilder is one of the most stringent athletes in the sport when it comes to fighting clean. Klitschko was 40 years old and coming off a two year layoff - most overrated win in boxing. I don't care how we subjectively weigh Joshua's wins - wins that somehow prop him up despite those wins having no names on their respective resumes. And I don't care about how old he is. He's just a guy with no special traits besides big muscles. Fury and Wilder both have exceptional traits. Joshua has exceptional hype.

Maybe, maybe not. Being the most overrated win in the sport by beating Wlad. I don't know why you would make a statement like that, even if Wlad was out a year or two.
We're arguing opinions here, not facts.
One fact is that Joshua has a better resume in first 22 fights than Wilder does in his 42 fights. That's almost double. Pretty significant when you look at it.

Wlad is the figurehead of the worst era in HW boxing history. He was old and coming off a long layoff. And it's the signature win of AJ's career. Beating undefeated guys doesn't automatically make you good. And that's the case for many of Joshua's opponents. What was Whyte's 0 really worth? Parker? Yawn.

Povetkin dropped out of his fight with Wilder because of PEDs. Wilder is one of the most stringent athletes in the sport when it comes to fighting clean. Klitschko was 40 years old and coming off a two year layoff - most overrated win in boxing. I don't care how we subjectively weigh Joshua's wins - wins that somehow prop him up despite those wins having no names on their respective resumes. And I don't care about how old he is. He's just a guy with no special traits besides big muscles. Fury and Wilder both have exceptional traits. Joshua has exceptional hype.
If Povetkin dropped out of fighting Wilder that means that Wilder can't say he has him on his resume. It's not about who we nearly fought it's about who we fought. So Klit was coming off a lay off well so was Wilders best 'win' so far. Fury was off just as long but ballooned up to near 600lbs and went on a drug and drink binge. He looked terrible in his two warm-up fights which Wilder was fully aware of. But it ended up with Fury winning that fight, it was no draw. Wilder might have got away with a draw on his record but we all know who really won that fight. AJ doesn't have exceptional traits? I suppose you don't think he hits that hard either? The guy is a phenomenal athlete. He weighs in at 250lbs but can run 11 seconds for 100m.

Based on what?

Not only was Ortiz much older, he's also beaten nobody of note other than Bryant Jennings. Parker was world champion and had a win over Ruiz and other top 10 contenders.

It's pretty obvious that Ortiz was a lot of hype, he was hailed as the 'boogeyman' based off false rumours of fightings ducking him, and the fact he was an old Cuban southpaw.

Him being the number 4 guy is complete nonsense that can't be supported with anything tangible. Looking back, it's ok to say that we were wrong. He hadn't beaten the level of opposition required to have that status.

Based on what?

Not only was Ortiz much older, he's also beaten nobody of note other than Bryant Jennings. Parker was world champion and had a win over Ruiz and other top 10 contenders.

It's pretty obvious that Ortiz was a lot of hype, he was hailed as the 'boogeyman' based off false rumours of fightings ducking him, and the fact he was an old Cuban southpaw.

Him being the number 4 guy is complete nonsense that can't be supported with anything tangible. Looking back, it's ok to say that we were wrong. He hadn't beaten the level of opposition required to have that status.
Ortiz was recognised as such by most independent rankings, I believe. He's not wrong there. I do agree with you that I don't think it was justified, however.

Back