Wilder Plans To Weigh 245 Pounds In Fury Rematch

It is a quick fix. Settle down, throw your jabs.

Its not that Wilder doesnt have the ability. Its that he was mind fucked and chased a KO with one shot.

Fury can certainly be better, but so can Wilder.
Fury was Fury, and will be the same guy next fight.
Wilder tho, if he settles down and tries to box better....whole fight could be different.
Wilder to me, is the Ward(vs Kovalev) and Canelo(vs GGG) in this fight.
I think he comes out better in the rematch

this sounds like a terrible idea. Wilder's upper body is already pretty big, so what's he going to do, build up his lowers? that'll just make his movement even more awkward cause he'll probably strain his legs. CAn't be good for stamina either.

Its not that Wilder doesnt have the ability. Its that he was mind fucked and chased a KO with one shot.

Whats with the excuses? "Mindfucked", really? He wasn't mindfucked in his previous 40 fights.. Instead of giving Fury credit, you look for excuses for Mr. Mediocre.

speaking of mediocre... Your boy is a mediocre jaber... Because his feet are mediocre... He's going to hit air all night long if he tries to fence Fury... Wladimir was a much better jaber than Wilder, and big surprise: Wladimir had better feet than Wilder.. Probably still has.

His best shot is throwing his long haymakers... That's what he did and mostly nothing connected. When it did connect against a rusty opponent, he got up.

Whats with the excuses? "Mindfucked", really? He wasn't mindfucked in his previous 40 fights.. Instead of giving Fury credit, you look for excuses for Mr. Mediocre.

speaking of mediocre... Your boy is a mediocre jaber... Because his feet are mediocre... He's going to hit air all night long if he tries to fence Fury... Wladimir was a much better jaber than Wilder, and big surprise: Wladimir had better feet than Wilder.. Probably still has.

His best shot is throwing his long haymakers... That's what he did and mostly nothing connected. When it did connect against a rusty opponent, he got up.
Not sure how you drew these conclusions tbh. Ive done nothing but praise Fury.

Fury frustrated Wilder big time, and early. Thats not an excuse, its in fact praising Fury. Which you claim I dont do lol.

245 is a little much for Wilder. 220-225 would suit him better imo.

I remember when Brock Lesnar was fucking with Frank Mir's brain after getting manhandled at UFC 100... Frank started to gain more muscle and weight, because he thought that this was the key to beat Brock.

The one thing that Deontay doesn't lack is his size though. His height combined with his lean frame is unique, and probably gives him this snap in his punches. It's the sweet science... Applying the Jarrell Miller type of McDonalds routine could take away his power and then he has nothing...

He's simply not good enough as a boxer... Doesn't set traps, shows no signs of ring IQ, fight IQ or tactical IQ... He said himself that those things dont exist, because he doesn't grasp it. He said he would knock out Joe Louis and Mike Tyson, because he thinks his size alone does the trick.

For him its just go out and throw punches... Which works fine until you're in there with someone savvy.

Very mediocre boxer and he's not going to improve drastically at this point in his career. Tyson's Fury too far away to catch up to, he will never beat him.
Concur... Tyson and Louis would wreck Wilder. They both set traps and have RIQ

This fight is so dumb, zero interest. I want to see Fury fight Joshua

Fury v Wilder in Manchester would see Deontay mentally destroyed before hitting the scales. Vegas would be a great sell, and sells both fighters even more in the US. Also something I've been pondering can AJ get a visa for the USA? I'm sure he can, but I am wondering, cheers.
In Vegas the chance of corruption is too high. I don't want to watch any more boxing matches happening in Vegas

Yeah, I think the worst thing that could've happened to him was that one punch knck down in the 12th. Dude has fallen in love with his power too much.

If he puts on muscle he may be able to hit harder with more forceful contractions. He could avoid fatigue through weight training because the work he'd have to do in the ring in terms of forceful contractions could become easier as they would be a submaximal effort as opposed to weight training.

The extra body weight could lend itself well to him having more energy, as he would fuel up, and in theory have more glucose in the blood. Also, he would have more glycogen stored in the muscle.

Putting on the weight far enough out, and training his aerobic endurance as well could make him more of a threat, in theory.

In application that is a different discussion, as there are a ton of ways to view what actually happens.

It could work, but it is a gamble considering a lot is on the line with a rematch.

If he did that he'll be slower with less gas in the tank, also the reason he doesn't weigh as much comparatively is because he has chicken legs. So what's he going to do there, take PEDs?

Not sure how you drew these conclusions tbh. Ive done nothing but praise Fury.

Fury frustrated Wilder big time, and early. Thats not an excuse, its in fact praising Fury. Which you claim I dont do lol.

The way you put it is like Fury didn't do a whole lot... Just was awkward, is basically still an easy fight for Mr. Mediocre, who just has to stay calm and stick his lead hand in Fury's face...

That's not what went down though... "Frustrate" is too weak. Fury absolutely exposed and outclassed Mr. Mediocre. And he did it throughout the fight, not just early on.

How is Mr. Mediocre going to outbox Fury? There's no foundation for your suggestion.

Waste of time. His size and weight had nothing to do with his challenges during the fight. What he need work on and improve for his next fight to stop loading and cocking back his right hand punches, setting up his power with more feints and jabs , feinting and jabbing in between combinations, using his left hook more to set up the right hand, punching at a downward angle to catch Fury while he bends, and going to the body more especially when the head is not a viable target anymore. He has more then enough to work on all of which has nothing to do with his size and weight if a rematch happens.

The way you put it is like Fury didn't do a whole lot... Just was awkward, is basically still an easy fight for Mr. Mediocre, who just has to stay calm and stick his lead hand in Fury's face...

That's not what went down though... "Frustrate" is too weak. Fury absolutely exposed and outclassed Mr. Mediocre. And he did it throughout the fight, not just early on.

How is Mr. Mediocre going to outbox Fury? There's no foundation for your suggestion.
You either lack reading comprehension or are seeing what you want to see. I didnt say anything of the sort.

I doubt the Butter Bean diet is going to help. Maybe gaining 10 pounds wouldn’t hurt but 30?

He wouldn’t fight Joshua in Britain and he won’t fight fury here either imo. No way he rematches him over here

And I agree I don’t see how more weight will help against fury. It may help against AJ but will possibly be counter productive against Tyson

I dunno man, after the robbery, the crazy over offer and the two golovkin fights being so close in people's mind - I can't see fury or Joshua rushing to fight in America.

I think it's a very reasonable weight for a guy who is six foot 7. Hollyfield added a ton of muscle that he used to great advantage. Lewis also put on a pretty solid 20 pounds after hooking up with Manny Steward. I think he was better for it. I believe Wilder weighed 220 plus for most of his defenses so there's no argument there. Another 20 plus pounds on that six foot seven frame is not excessive. Sprinters train with resistance to get faster, so could Deontay. In fact I put together a theoretical plan for him to upgrade like Lewis did a couple of years ago. Breathing squats plus the usual suspects for explosive power. Upgrade that jab as well. The way Rich Giachetti did when Holmes had a shoulder injury. He shrink wrapped him up so he had no choice but to use only his left. Holmes gave that training credit for what was probably the greatest jab in heavyweight history. I would have him spend the next six months jabbing in massive volume. I would also have him train using an exercise wheel. Weighted and unweighted. When he is able to throw hundreds of explosive jabs under resistance he could batter opponents with a ramrod jab for 12 rounds. Also I would have him train to increase his grip strength.Steward said he felt the secret to punching power was in the wrists.The finished product would be bigger, faster, more durable, more dangerously powerful and a much better boxer. Just my opinion on the matter.

If he puts on muscle he may be able to hit harder with more forceful contractions. He could avoid fatigue through weight training because the work he'd have to do in the ring in terms of forceful contractions could become easier as they would be a submaximal effort as opposed to weight training.

The extra body weight could lend itself well to him having more energy, as he would fuel up, and in theory have more glucose in the blood. Also, he would have more glycogen stored in the muscle.

Putting on the weight far enough out, and training his aerobic endurance as well could make him more of a threat, in theory.

In application that is a different discussion, as there are a ton of ways to view what actually happens.

It could work, but it is a gamble considering a lot is on the line with a rematch.
Nobodies endurance ever improved by putting on 30lbs. What you are suggesting is implausible. And neither did anyone's speed improve by putting on 30lbs. Wilder will be bigger, slower and have less of a gas tank.

Back