Media Will Fury continue to duck Usyk for the rest of his career?

Wait, what? Who the fuck is Demsey McKean?

Did Fury just went from ducking the #1 HW to ducking the top 50? What a fucking bum.

<36>
Sparring partner for AJ, undefeated. Anyone know where Stiverne was in the rankings when he fought Wilder <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
Looking how unproblematic Usyk has always been when it comes to negotiations and how he has always been willing to fight everyone (in their own backyard) it's pretty clear who is the one to blame...

Huge coup if Fury does indeed fight in Australia, worthy of a World champion, however that's where the platitudes end. We all know Paul Gallen is where it's at.

Huge coup if Fury does indeed fight in Australia, worthy of a World champion, however that's where the platitudes end. We all know Paul Gallen is where it's at.
I know you're joking, but I will say this Gallen refused to fight Demsey lol as did Lucas Browne.

Fury may well be in his Bruce Seldon era at this point. I'm not sure it's fair to call it ducking because boxing has odd match making structures, but he beat Wilder 3 years ago.

He seems pretty comfortable doing just enough to keep being called the best. He doesn't really need the money at this point. It's hard to imagine why he'd fight Usyk if he doesn't have to.

Fury may well be in his Bruce Seldon era at this point. I'm not sure it's fair to call it ducking because boxing has odd match making structures, but he beat Wilder 3 years ago.

He seems pretty comfortable doing just enough to keep being called the best. He doesn't really need the money at this point. It's hard to imagine why he'd fight Usyk if he doesn't have to.
He ducked Usyk. It's not even debatable if you've followed the sport within the last few months. No, he doesn't 'need' to fight Usyk he should 'want' to. Imagine turning down the biggest payday of your career and a shot at winning all of the titles in the division. That's what was on the table for him to take and instead he played games and wasted everyone's time.

He ducked Usyk. It's not even debatable if you've followed the sport within the last few months. No, he doesn't 'need' to fight Usyk he should 'want' to. Imagine turning down the biggest payday of your career and a shot at winning all of the titles in the division. That's what was on the table for him to take and instead he played games and wasted everyone's time.

And he's still almost universally regarded as the best and the face of the sport. He can still get millions to fight some decent up and comer with a better record than skillset. So why would he want to fight Usyk? Are they stripping his titles over it?

Boxing as a sport generally does not incentivize this kind of match making.

And he's still almost universally regarded as the best and the face of the sport. He can still get millions to fight some decent up and comer with a better record than skillset. So why would he want to fight Usyk? Are they stripping his titles over it?

Boxing as a sport generally does not incentivize this kind of match making.
He's still largely regarded as the best but he refuses to prove he is. That's why he was supposed to fight Usyk you know. Face of the sport? He's not even the face of his own division. Joshua is, or was, the cash cow. At least that was until Usyk beat him again recently. No, they're not forcing him to fight Usyk and they can't. The point is he should be willing to prove that he's the best man in the division. To do that he'd have to beat Usyk to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt to the world.

The point is he should be willing to prove that he's the best man in the division. To do that he'd have to beat Usyk to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt to the world.

I disagree. I think the point is there is no mechanism to make him or incentivize him. So we can talk pie in the sky idealism till we're blue in the face, but it's going to be hard to make that fight when he can make a lot of money fighting nobodies once a year and getting appeance fees and out-of-ring sponsorships because he's considered the "best".

I disagree. I think the point is there is no mechanism to make him or incentivize him. So we can talk pie in the sky idealism till we're blue in the face, but it's going to be hard to make that fight when he can make a lot of money fighting nobodies once a year and getting appeance fees and out-of-ring sponsorships because he's considered the "best".
He's the one that "offered" to fight Usyk. However, that "offer" was for a disgraceful 70/30 split. Usyk would've only gotten 30% of the purse but he did the unthinkable and actually accepted. Fury then decided to play games and showed that he never intended to be ready for their fight date (which had already been rescheduled for a second time). He had his bluff called in front of the world for all to see.

Sure, he can fight nobodies and still make good money and apparently that's what he'd rather do now. Hence a large portion of his fanbase abandoning him. He has no interest in proving that he was ever the best in the division. It will reflect very poorly on his legacy. The guy had a chance to prove that he's the top heavyweight of his era. You know, mega money fights, all the titles, and all the fame that comes with it. He's pissed it all away.

yes there is, its called the unified undisputed heavyweight championship of the world. which Fury has never been, ever. if he wants to be that, he has to face and beat Usyk. he didnt win all the belts from Wladimir and as of right now Fury only has the WBC belt and lineal championship. Usyk's got all the other belts including the Ring magazine.
if Fury wants to chase greatness and legacy, he will fight Usyk. if he wants money, he will do exactly as he has been doing and will keep on tanking the fans' good will.

Sure, he can fight nobodies and still make good money and apparently that's what he'd rather do now. Hence a large portion of his fanbase abandoning him. He has no interest in proving that he was ever the best in the division. It will reflect very poorly on his legacy. The guy had a chance to prove that he's the top heavyweight of his era. You know, mega money fights, all the titles, and all the fame that comes with it. He's pissed it all away.

I think we're more or less on the same page about this. I just don't think he cares.

If his professional goal is to maximize earnings and minimize personal risk rather than having sports fans debate Fury vs Ali or Fury vs Whomever... then I think he's making wise career choices.

If Fury wants to chase greatness and legacy, he will fight Usyk. if he wants money, he will do exactly as he has been doing and will keep on tanking the fans' good will.

Yes, that's what I've been saying. And I think he wants the money. I don't think he cares about being the undisputed champ as long as the general public thinks he's the heavyweight champ. I think if you ask they clerk at your local convenience store "who's the heavyweight champ", they'll say "Tyson Fury" and that's what really matters to him.

I do think Boxing organizations should care more about that, and see it as a problem, but they don't. Or not enough to get on the same page and do something about it.

Yes, that's what I've been saying. And I think he wants the money. I don't think he cares about being the undisputed champ as long as the general public thinks he's the heavyweight champ. I think if you ask they clerk at your local convenience store "who's the heavyweight champ", they'll say "Tyson Fury" and that's what really matters to him.

I do think Boxing organizations should care more about that, and see it as a problem, but they don't. Or not enough to get on the same page and do something about it.
the Lineal title is technically the one that matters most. boxing orgs do care about that but they put their belts first, understandably.
fans dont have unlimited good will and definitely not unlimited money. if Fury just wants to take easier fights for money in the meantime, he's free to do so but eventually not as many people will give a shit anymore. gonna be fighting Manuel Charr in front of 25 people at an abandoned movie theater if Fury keeps this up.

I think we're more or less on the same page about this. I just don't think he cares.

If his professional goal is to maximize earnings and minimize personal risk rather than having sports fans debate Fury vs Ali or Fury vs Whomever... then I think he's making wise career choices.
Right. He doesn't care. The problem though is that he pretends to want the biggest (toughest) fights in the division but in all actuality doesn't. He also wasted Joshua's time in negotiations and never intended to really fight him. Made artificial deadlines and all just to sabotage the fight before it could be finalized. This is what Fury does. I have no problem with him wanting to minimize personal risk to himself but he needs to stop wasting everyone's time negotiating fights in bad faith.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

A retiree like RJJ is a strong likelihood for Fury's next opponent before he ever thinks about getting in a ring with Usyk TBH.

He's the one that "offered" to fight Usyk. However, that "offer" was for a disgraceful 70/30 split. Usyk would've only gotten 30% of the purse but he did the unthinkable and actually accepted. Fury then decided to play games and showed that he never intended to be ready for their fight date (which had already been rescheduled for a second time). He had his bluff called in front of the world for all to see.

Like this.
And this idiot most likely even rejected generous Saudi deal with possible clauses eveb for trilogy type big money deals.

yes there is, its called the unified undisputed heavyweight championship of the world. which Fury has never been, ever. if he wants to be that, he has to face and beat Usyk. he didnt win all the belts from Wladimir and as of right now Fury only has the WBC belt and lineal championship. Usyk's got all the other belts including the Ring magazine.
if Fury wants to chase greatness and legacy, he will fight Usyk. if he wants money, he will do exactly as he has been doing and will keep on tanking the fans' good will.
Usyk got the ring for free because Tyson 'Twitter retired' and was stripped :)

Dont worry lads. It will all be okay in December. If Usyk fights Hrovic on the Saudi card the quacking can continue. Usyks signed, aj and wilder supposedly as well. Everyone will get payed. Tyson will eventually give in and want his money instead of fighting some bum in Wembley for a few mill

Tyson Fury is the biggest joke ever and this comes from a big Fury fan

did Fury ever explain why he backed down when Usyk accepted the 30% purse offer? Cos that was pretty bad,

Back