Will small cage hamper Miocic's chances vs. Cormier?

I would rather see them fight in the bigger cage, but this definitely favours DC. It’ll be interesting if Stipe stands his ground doesn’t allow himself to quickly get pushed back into the cage, if that happens this could very well end in a quick KO for either fighter, easily in the first minute.

Miocic is a decent grappler so shouldn't affact him too much. He knows the blueprint now. Attack the body early and reguarly and he will wear Cormier out and probably TKO him again.
dont you think cormier would have found a way to deal with body shots? He's got world class trainers at his disposal and comes from one of the best MMA gyms in the world. I dont think it will be too hard for him to make adjustments, its not like this is a hole that will take many years to overcome since it isnt a big area

If miocic wins next fight vs DC in hamster cage

dont you think cormier would have found a way to deal with body shots? He's got world class trainers at his disposal and comes from one of the best MMA gyms in the world. I dont think it will be too hard for him to make adjustments, its not like this is a hole that will take many years to overcome since it isnt a big area

No he hasn't because Jones slowed him down with body shots in their 1st fight and 2nd fights.

In theory sure, but sometimes it’s not so easy when the other guy is training to do their game plan too.
Also I’m pretty sure DC told Jon he was susceptible to head kicks from whatever side it was but he was working to fix it. That was before their first fight and he fell to a headkick from that side in their second fight.

I call it how I see it ....Stipe sits out for title shots and Wants everything his way .... He’s a Diva

Your fight vision indicates you've spent time with DC in a cage... eyepoke must have reached into your brain a little.

This is a bit of a chess match. Stipe seemed to have the better Cardio last fight especially after exhausting cormier with those body shots. If cormier committed to grappling and clinching more I think he would do well against stipe but he lacks the stamina for that kind of fight.

Both fights were great

DC didn't really have any success cage clinching with Stipe so perhaps the only advantage might be a smaller cage allows him to close distance more easily, maybe conserve his cardio a bit better.

Last edited:
I call it how I see it ....Stipe sits out for title shots and Wants everything his way .... He’s a Diva
Stipe wants a standard, regulation ring in what could be the fight of his life. How is that making him a diva? From your posts I’ve gathered you just don’t like Stipe which is fine, but putting him down for wanting the rules of the fight to be correct?

I don't see DC's point, he couldn't wrestle Stipe the whole fight, because he didn't have the energy for it, what does the cage size matter if he gasses out after 2 rounds of wrestling.

Stipe is a really good grappler himself, and avoided any damage on the ground, even if the cage helps DC close distance, he will still gas out and won't be able to control Stipe the entire fight, he is too arrogant about his wrestling.

It's like he's just dismissing all his weakensses and reasons he lost, and chalking it up to 'If I just wrestled more I would have won', even though he clearly couldn't do it last time.

He is clearly a NO-GOOD person, just like his fat idol. No news.
Yup I’m awful .....Everyone I meet loves me and realizes I’m a good person ..... don’t care what a few Stipe dick riders think .....A real champ doesn’t cry over cage size

Your fight vision indicates you've spent time with DC in a cage... eyepoke must have reached into your brain a little.
Or spent time in the cage with stipe ....they were both using da eye pokes 9ED65836-79EB-4140-BE34-6639F349885B.jpeg

Miocic is a decent grappler so shouldn't affact him too much. He knows the blueprint now. Attack the body early and reguarly and he will wear Cormier out and probably TKO him again.
That's my concern. I would like to see DC go out on a win, but Miocic found a very glaring weakness in their last fight and im just not sure there's much DC can do to patch it.

Dc should be heavily disqualified for eyepokes, it changed the first fight and brings doubts on his win
What is heavily disqualified? Like a dq then you have to let francis punch you

What is heavily disqualified? Like a dq then you have to let francis punch you
Like he has to remove his pants in the center of the octagon then get 3 hard slaps on his naked ass from the ref in front of the audience, then the match can resume.

Last edited:
Yeah.. and also go for takedowns himself and have Cormier thinking. He put DC on his back in the first fight.

In theory sure, but sometimes it’s not so easy when the other guy is training to do their game plan too.
Also I’m pretty sure DC told Jon he was susceptible to head kicks from whatever side it was but he was working to fix it. That was before their first fight and he fell to a headkick from that side in their second fight.
thats 2 completely different things. You're mixing 2 different things and trying to find a correlation between them when there isn't.

Cormier leans heavily on one side as a natural tendency, this is probably something that he has done all throughout his career, it's one of those things where whilst training fighters develop bad habits and as time goes on it becomes in grained in his muscle memory, so when you put them in deep water they will just revert back to their old habits because its more efficient for them to do so.

Getting hit by body shot in that fight wasnt as a result of a tendency, it was Stipe finding a hole in DC's game during that fight that he needs to work on. Go ask a boxing coach and they'll probably tell you working on body shot defense in that case would be far easier than dealing with a tendency thats engrained in muscle memory

Back