Will you order UFC 183?

Lol, why are you so defensive over this card? I've already said I'm buying it and looking forward to it. It simply doesn't stand out to me as a particularly great card. If I was being selective with my purchases I would have chosen 181-182 and 184-86 over this card.

I just feel like you're over analyzing it wayyy too much. There are great fights throughout this card. McMann vs Tate and Linekar vs McCall is on the prelims even. Silva vs Diaz is a legendary fight imo, it's a fun/crazy match up where no one knows what's going to happen but we know it's going to be wildly exciting.

Probably so. The closer the fight gets to happening, the more I am switching sides and hoping Diaz wins. I don't know why.

It's a must see main event. The culmination of two unforgettable careers in one fight.

I honestly don't care about this fight at all. Neither guy has won a fight in years and Nick is nothing but a sacrificial lamb to Anderson.

I'm going to buy either 184 or 185, not sure yet. Was going to be 184 for sure before Jacare/Romero and Mir/Bigfoot got taken off the card.

185 is the way to go right now.

185>184>183.

To answer the question though, i'll be seeing the fights at Hooters. (Tilted Kilt closed down, Quacker Steak closed down, Show Me's stopped showing, and Buffalo Wild Wings stopped showing). If Hooters quits airing the fights i'll be a much smaller UFC fan moving forward.

It's a must see main event. The culmination of two unforgettable careers in one fight.

Really, I see it as a washed up legend trying to bounce back fighting a welterweight who came back from retirement seemingly just for the money...

This fight just seems so inconsequential IMO.

Woodley Gastelum is a high stakes fight, Lauzon/Iaquinta should be exciting unless Joe gets besmirched in the first again, and Mein/Alves is a really exciting scrap.

Overall, I'd say it's an above average card but not quite as deserving of the hype as its gotten.

Silva vs Diaz is a legendary fight imo, it's a fun/crazy match up where no one knows what's going to happen but we know it's going to be wildly exciting.

We don't? I feel like most fans have a pretty good idea of what will happen. Silva by KO.

Nick Diaz +375
Anderson Silva -470

Of the 11 fights on the card, only Brunson losing to Herman would be a bigger upset in the eyes of betters.

I just feel like you're over analyzing it wayyy too much. There are great fights throughout this card. McMann vs Tate and Linekar vs McCall is on the prelims even. Silva vs Diaz is a legendary fight imo, it's a fun/crazy match up where no one knows what's going to happen but we know it's going to be wildly exciting.
Well, you did ask me for my opinion, which is why I shared it with you. It sounds like you made this thread just to rip everybody that didn't agree with you.

Question for you guys who go to BWW:

Doesn't it get awkward when you occupy a table for like 4 hours?

I try to leave a very decent tip after all that but it still feels kinda weird. Do you guys just give up the table and stand and watch?

I don't buy cards anymore, but this is one I'm considering.

The taunting these two will do will be worth the money alone.

Question for you guys who go to BWW:

Doesn't it get awkward when you occupy a table for like 4 hours?

I try to leave a very decent tip after all that but it still feels kinda weird. Do you guys just give up the table and stand and watch?

I don't use a table, I sit at the bar. Get 2 tall drafts, nurse them slowly, switch to water, and get out of there having spent about $14; the nice thing is its not very popular anymore so you no longer have to get there super early, you can get there right at the start time and get a good seat, so you don't get stuck at the table for 4 hours like you used to have to back in the day. B-Dubs, Show Mes, Tilted Kilt, and Quakers Steak have all stopped showing them here though over the past 5 months, so i'm doing Hooters (the only place in the city showing it) for the first time ever. Haven't been to a Hooters in forever, thinking the beer was cheaper than BWWs though so i'm alright with it.

I don't use a table, I sit at the bar. Get 2 tall drafts, nurse them slowly, switch to water, and get out of there having spent about $14; the nice thing is its not very popular anymore so you no longer have to get there super early, you can get there right at the start time and get a good seat, so you don't get stuck at the table for 4 hours like you used to have to back in the day. B-Dubs, Show Mes, Tilted Kilt, and Quakers Steak have all stopped showing them here though over the past 5 months, so i'm doing Hooters (the only place in the city showing it) for the first time ever. Haven't been to a Hooters in forever, thinking the beer was cheaper than BWWs though so i'm alright with it.

Hmm, I live in NYC so it's always packed for some reason, even if no one is there to watch the fights. Unless I get there at 8 I'd have to wait an hour for a seat.

Yeah. I'm in. It's a decent card all around and it gives me something to look forward to this Saturday night. :icon_twis

Hmm, I live in NYC so it's always packed for some reason, even if no one is there to watch the fights. Unless I get there at 8 I'd have to wait an hour for a seat.

One of the positives to living in Springfield IL is not having to deal with that.
One of the negatives to living in Springfield IL though is that I live in Springfield IL.

I'll be ordering it. Inviting my buds, beers and some grilling.

What's with all these negative responses? I guess not enough heavyweights...

To start off, Alves returns against very underrated Mein. This will be good. Leites is probably one of the most successful fighters that fans rarely talk about. Lauzon fights are hardly ever boring. And I'm very interested to see how Gastelum fares against a solid wrestler in Woodley. And of course, the main event.

Yes, I'm buying for sure.

Back