William Zepeda vs Maxi Hughes March 16th DAZN Golden Boy

Schofield is way too reckless.... I don't have high hopes for him (@ the height of the sport that is).
I thought so too. The way he was leaping in with those hooks. Maybe he knew he could get away with it with this sort of opponent but there were a lot of times where it looked like a solid counter puncher would wreck him. Its possible he was trying too hard for a big finish but the head clash was his fault and he's been cut before in similar clashes.

I thought Hughes beat Kambosos last summer but Zepeda just tore through him. I'd really like to see him against a top level guy asap.

i think hughes should have given it another round or 2. see if zepeda punches himself out...no way zepeda could have sustained that level of activity. but maybe age just got to maxi.

Um, did you see Zepeda's last fight against Mercito Gesta? He wasn't even in his highest gear, and this man can and would continue to beat the shit out of him for 12 rounds.

I saw a few holes in Zepeda's game tonight though. I need to see him fight Shakur. Shakur will actually have to fight, but has the tools to negate Zepeda's volume and exploit defensive liabilities. On the other hand, if Shakur is going to be beaten by anybody not named Tank, anytime soon, it will be Zepeda.

Schofield is way too reckless.... I don't have high hopes for him (@ the height of the sport that is).
For his sake let's hope he can use Saturday night's fight as a learning experience. He lost himself once he was cut, became a one armed fire, and stopped using his jab. His inexperience took over.

The good news is he acknowledged all of his faults in the post fight interview. It's better these things happen now rather than in the biggest fight of career. He just needs to grow from it.

Back