Witcher 3 on Switch gets cross-platform save

Based and White Pilled

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Maybe this is something that's been going on in gaming for awhile, but this is the first time I've heard of it. This is pretty cool to be able to share saves between your PC and a handheld device.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-3-on-switch-is-getting-pc-cross-save-support-and-more-graphical-options?amp=1

It only explicitly states that PC saves can be downloaded to the Switch. I would like to imagine that it goes both ways so that you can continue a single playthrough on both devices.

Presumably you need to buy 2 versions of the game though?

Oh boy, I was just about to jailbreak my Switch so I can do this. I've got a trip coming up in a few weeks and wanted to take my PC save on the Switch.

I wish more publishers would do this with their games that are cross platform. But for some reason a lot of publishers seem to think that they own your save data also.

Ah they got me! Playing my PC save in the switch is great (the graphics aren’t quite as good but they’ve made improvements so it’s not the blurry mess it was before). But now I have to buy all of the expansions on PC to play my Switch save on my PC.

Only for you, CDPR
<{1-12}>

Im a level 48 but on xbxX. Make it compatible with this or otherwise they can piss off

Back