News With limited options available, Waterson/Hill expected to fill in as main event next weekend

ESPN executives reaction after paying so much for UFC main events
giphy.gif
haha, can't reminder details but there were some articles detailing the ESPN-UFC agreement where UFC has to put on X number of shows this year or else lose millions....makes sense for why they're cramming so many average events recently

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...waterson-vs-angela-hill-new-headliner-sept-12

SIR

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill new headliner on Sept. 12

Next weekend's UFC card has a new main event.

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill will serve as the new headliner on Sept. 12, sources say. The decision comes after the original headliner, Glover Teixeira vs. Thiago Santos, was canceled earlier this week because Teixeira tested positive for COVID-19. That fight has now been moved to Oct. 3.

Waterson (17-8) will look to snap a two-fight losing streak. Hill (12-8) is coming off a split-decision loss to Claudia Gadelha in May.
200.gif

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...waterson-vs-angela-hill-new-headliner-sept-12

SIR

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill new headliner on Sept. 12

Next weekend's UFC card has a new main event.

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill will serve as the new headliner on Sept. 12, sources say. The decision comes after the original headliner, Glover Teixeira vs. Thiago Santos, was canceled earlier this week because Teixeira tested positive for COVID-19. That fight has now been moved to Oct. 3.

Waterson (17-8) will look to snap a two-fight losing streak. Hill (12-8) is coming off a split-decision loss to Claudia Gadelha in May.

How could you possibly reschedule a fight to 30 days away when one of the fighters just tested positive for coronavirus? Lets say he recovers - but he will not be training for probably 2 weeks. Probably won't be able to even run.
Should have been rebooked for 2 months later.

How could you possibly reschedule a fight to 30 days away when one of the fighters just tested positive for coronavirus? Lets say he recovers - but he will not be training for probably 2 weeks. Probably won't be able to even run.

He may not have symptoms. Also he may want to get paid sooner rather than later

Plus it's going to be a 5 round fight now? yikes!

"Short Fuse" is on this card. I thought he died.

UFC has always been amateur hour. COVID is simply showcasing it more so than usual.

Ahhh...at least make it 3rds so both of them would throw down and not drag it on for 5rds of pitter patter.

i feel bad for them. Most fans wouldn't mind seeing that fight. Damn near no fans want to see it headline. Can't blame the ladies

LMFAO!!! This is why I said in the Pride thread. Who gives a shit about more shows and shitty watered down cards? Waterson, watered down. No disrespect to either as they come to fight but this is no main event for the "premier MMA organization". But hey! At least you get "OohEffSea" more ufTeN!

Eh, Waterson is just boring to watch after her failed sexy gimmick followed by her failed mom gimmick. Hopefully, Hill makes Waterson retire.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY MAKE IT FIVE ROUNDS OUT OF ALL THE SHORT NOTICE MAIN EVENTS WHY THAT ONE
Possibly because the lighter weight classes tend to be less prone to gassing, and thus can probably go two extra rounds on very little notice.

Easily in top 3 worst main events ever in the UFC.

I used to always be a good boy and watch every fight on every card but lately I keep fast forwarding the WMMA fights unless it's one of the select few that actually are exciting

Back