With no title will Diego Sanchez be in the UFC HOF?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In your opinion?
Diego Sanchez TUF 1 WINNER like Forrest and Bonnar, hes going in with Clay Guida HOF fight wing.

Should he or WILL he be in there someday or no?

I feel he is something special still competing today. I believe he would have been UFC champion a long time ago if he didnt stop his ground and pound mastery and begin striking. Ruined his chin. Would have could haves. You see he has just returned to his old roots and may be a little late to maul fighters of today but hes winning.

There should be a wierd wing in the HOF. Diego and Tony would be in it.

Probably should be. Considering his longevity, being an important part of the HoF season 1, and having a fight being inducted into the fight wing on top of it. Championships have never been a full on pre-requisite in any sports hall of fame. I know there's plenty of guys in the Hockey HoF with no cup wins or without holding or being near any major records. Don't see why it should be any different for mma.

Yes.

Season 1 winner of TUF.. Dana has a hard on for those guys.

Plus he’s an absolute legend & deserves it IMO.

giphy.gif

100% he's a hall of famer

Been beating dudes up for 20 years

With no title will Diego Sanchez be in the UFC HOF?

MeaslyUnawareAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

The original ultimate fighter.

Also his fight with Guida is already in the HoF.

Yes he deserves it. People forget Diego was once 19-0.

Also could’ve won the lightweight title if he didn’t run into literally the best version of BJ Penn (the legendary one) to ever step in the octagon.

In record timing , the UFC hall of fame has been cheapened and I'll call it for what is - a punchline ( being the infancy of sport not that long ago .....hell , a guy like bisping gets in right after retiring ...lol- what in the world of what the fuck ?)

Yeah.... why not - a tuf pioneer...has spilled more blood than Carter has liver pills and standards are comedic.

A yes on that.

they will induct the entire season 1 cast, it's inevitable.

A HoF limited to title holders only isn't a HoF. It's a champions list.

It was surprising seeing the tuf reunion and he was actually the one who held up best of all of them even though he still fights and been through countless Wars. A level genetics right there

I’m ok with it. He’s one of the early pioneers of the sport and an OG just bleed disciple. He deserves a spot in there imo. I am more inclined to include early fighters that were not elite, just because of the impact some of them made on the sport.

From here on out though, the standards need to be higher considering how much the sport has evolved.

Yes, he should have been a lock by the end of 2006. War Diego.

The distance in value between Forest vs. Stephan and Diego vs. Kenny is extreme. Should Kenny go into the HOF?

He should be, since he was a TUF 1 winner, whereas Bonner was the runner up in the LHW class and got in. They should have put specific fights in the HOF like Sanchez vs Guida in from the get go so you wouldn’t have your Stephan Bonners in there for only one reason.

Back