With Volk's guillotine escape, what were the best submissions escapes ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
b1f968f8-1ea5-11ec-897a-4119d31a6faa_image_hires_181311.jpg

Was about to go to sleep goood.. The triangle choke was tight too ! Damn Volkanovski is a tough dude.. What other great submissions escapes you have in mind ?

690.jpg

Obligatory Poirier guillotine on Khabib

Ng_n7r9jin75S21fytH-wCNIkxhpZsNcwVW9tjAdkIKuRtuICtK2p2LaZIoMG4UlR9O6itj4SyhjrmFT4XVAMf8gEr2O4ivD_2LHn4tayrFhNAbYlX3YcObK-yvc30qsoCZBB_4nrso

Machida escape of Tito's triangle was amazing too

Dan Henderson had a number of nice ones against Nogueira in their pride fight.

Sherk got out of a few franca guillotines which were nice

I remember Miesha Tate getting her arm twisted all sorts of nasty against Ronda and fighting on before finally tapping later to the armbar. Unreal toughness if I remember correctly. Arm way hyper-extended, and she escaped and got up and started throwing punches. Sorry no gif. I'm old and semi tech-illiterate lol.

Randy Couture had some crazy escapes against Big Nog.

I remember Rich Franklin had a nice armbar escape against Okami back in the day. A bit busy now but will try to find it later if I can.

Ben Henderson was slippery back in the day. Want to say he had a crazy escape against Cerrone in one of their earlier fights.

That aussie dude jack della something had a great escape in the contender series a couple weekss ago.

Volk getting out of Ortega's guillotine last night made me think of a few past championship fights where the champ was locked up in what looked like a sure submission, and managed to escape.

b1f968f8-1ea5-11ec-897a-4119d31a6faa_image_hires_181311.jpg

That shit looked deep and he looked completely helpless for a few moments there, but I guess the heart of a champion kicked in at some point and he just willed his way out of it.

So the other one that instantly come to mind...

Bones vs Vitor

2e72194760e9aa66e4f74304b77a9b92.gif

What are some others?

Back