Woodley seems to have a mental block

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Incredible as it may seem to most Sherdoggers, I'm a fan of Woodley. However, since the draw with Wonderboy he's become incredibly frustrating to watch.

Seeing someone who you know full well has the ability to impose himself on anyone in the division just lay down and get controlled without offering any resistance makes it real hard to keep rooting for him.

TLDR; I think Woodley is mentally shot.

He needs to change camps, start bringing in new guys and learning new things. He is stuck in a groove like a broken record. Or He is likely only in it for the money. Like Tyson back in his day because he hasn’t landed that solid something else outside of fighting. I think he needs a fresh look or to hang them up,

I'm also a fan of Woodley. Seems like he had a modicum of confidence for a minute of that fight and then Gilbert wobbled him and dominated the grappling. It only snowballed and he continued to ignore Din Thomas advice

I'm also a fan of Woodley. Seems like he had a modicum of confidence for a minute of that fight and then Gilbert wobbled him and dominated the grappling. It only snowballed and he continued to ignore Din Thomas advice
I get why he fought on the defensive side when he had a belt to defend.

Seeing him in the 5th against Burns with nothing to lose and still not fighting offensively was just strange to watch.

I agree. More mental than anything else. He’s still got a ton of talent and skill but can’t get going/can’t get off the fucking cage.

My feeling tonight was Woodley just got out fought. Like Chael said, Woodley showed some heart. He just got out worked and got dropped and taken down twice. But also Tyrons fight IQ or ability too set up his bombs was non existent

I get why he fought on the defensive side when he had a belt to defend.

Seeing him in the 5th against Burns with nothing to lose and still not fighting offensively.was just strang to watch.

He was scared to exchange with Burns simple as that. He got dropped twice, and Burns was faster. He was fine with losing.

I think Tryon drank too much Woodley cool aid. Sucks because he looks like the type of guy to run through people all the time. His days are over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back