Media Woodley speaks for the first time since losing to Covington

I said it before the fight and I'll say it again, I think Woodley just wants to be famous.

When he was younger his only chance was through fighting and evidently he was pretty fucking good, but now he's trying to rap and work with TMZ which are things he only got the chance to do from fighting, so it seems like he isn't focused on fighting anymore

I actually thought he was gonna destroy Colby. I love them both, but I thought Woodley would be super motivated and have the skillset to beat Colby.

WTF WAS HE DOING.

He should cut to LW and go on a tear there.
I def thought the odds were off especially considering Colby just got his jaw broken, something that others don’t come back from that well. I thought TW could def crack that chin at least once. Instead he did nothing the whole fight like the last two.

He really did fck all against Convington, i kept hearing all this talk from him and his team about finally just letting his hands go and putting everything on the line, yett... he did shit all again

after that performance, he probably shouldn't.

This is a rather pertinent lesson for other fighters. Never assume you have ascended the mountain, even with the belt, or you might find yourself gasping for air whilst others continue their climb. Colby is a good example. Woodley beat some contenders, had some lucky turns, and wanted respect, but when has he improved any part of his game since becoming champ? He’s utterly frustrating to watch now, he’s got mammoth legs but he’s ditched leg kicks. His takedowns are trash, his TDD used to be solid but he’s a fish on the ground. I have never seen someone, let alone a former champion, be so brain dead around the cage from bottom position. He NEVER turns with his feet. He just sits there. He head hunts with single power shots, no combos, elbows or body shots, and he gets out muscled by everyone in the top 5 apparently. He has regressed so, so far since winning gold. Just cut him at this point.

Can I get a mask ?

Lmao he doesn't even seem that affected by that lose. Whatever what he's saying, he clearly doesn't give a shit about MMA anymore.
Thats kinda how i am feeling too. Hes a strange guy. Youd think that hed put more of an effort,like he was making it out to be. Politically charged as it were,it didnt make much of a difference in how much he wanted to win. At least with Usman,he really took it to colby cos who the fuck wants to lose to that guy???

All of this reminds me more,that Colby really needs to beat a live wire and stop feasting on these guys who aint got it no more. Its not colby's fault but the time for that is over.

This is a rather pertinent lesson for other fighters. Never assume you have ascended the mountain, even with the belt, or you might find yourself gasping for air whilst others continue their climb. Colby is a good example. Woodley beat some contenders, had some lucky turns, and wanted respect, but when has he improved any part of his game since becoming champ? He’s utterly frustrating to watch now, he’s got mammoth legs but he’s ditched leg kicks. His takedowns are trash, his TDD used to be solid but he’s a fish on the ground. I have never seen someone, let alone a former champion, be so brain dead around the cage from bottom position. He NEVER turns with his feet. He just sits there. He head hunts with single power shots, no combos, elbows or body shots, and he gets out muscled by everyone in the top 5 apparently. He has regressed so, so far since winning gold. Just cut him at this point.
I think its unfair to sum him up like that. The guy had a pretty good run as champ. Better than Lawler or Hendricks thats for sure. I thought his efforts against Till and the first Wonderboy fight was awesome stuff. I think his decline is physical as well as mental. He just cant seem to reconcile the two problems. The difference between good and great,he is shown wanting,in the end.

Can I get a mask ?

Lmao he doesn't even seem that affected by that lose. Whatever what he's saying, he clearly doesn't give a shit about MMA anymore.

He's getting payed to show up and not fight, seems like they are paying fighters too much if he's not even hungry for a win anymore.

At least he didnt start chanting BLM like he did at the pre fight presser.

I think its unfair to sum him up like that. The guy had a pretty good run as champ. Better than Lawler or Hendricks thats for sure. I thought his efforts against Till and the first Wonderboy fight was awesome stuff. I think his decline is physical as well as mental. He just cant seem to reconcile the two problems. The difference between good and great,he is shown wanting,in the end.

That’s true, he was a much better champion than Hendricks or Lawler. Till was a good win, but he spent much of what he had left on Wonderboy. That 30-35 age range seems to be the sweet spot before performance dips in wrestlers, so he’s having to deal with guys hitting their primes while he slips out of it. Still, his fight IQ is crap and usually when a fighter says “I just gotta let my hands go” it means they are now relying on hypotheticals instead of skill or strategy. I can feel his corners frustration. He never leaves it all out, he just goes quietly into the night.

"For the first time since loss". So..... An hour later?

I actually thought he was gonna destroy Colby. I love them both, but I thought Woodley would be super motivated and have the skillset to beat Colby.

WTF WAS HE DOING.

He should cut to LW and go on a tear there.
Lol. One of the easier fights to call ever.

That’s true, he was a much better champion than Hendricks or Lawler. Till was a good win, but he spent much of what he had left on Wonderboy. That 30-35 age range seems to be the sweet spot before performance dips in wrestlers, so he’s having to deal with guys hitting their primes while he slips out of it. Still, his fight IQ is crap and usually when a fighter says “I just gotta let my hands go” it means they are now relying on hypotheticals instead of skill or strategy. I can feel his corners frustration. He never leaves it all out, he just goes quietly into the night.
Indeed...that's how I feel.

From 4 title defenses to losing 14 rounds in a row (almost 15 but he didn't make it to the end of the 15th).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back