Woodley: "there are only 5 UFC fighters who can hold it down in boxing"

Is he fucking serious about putting his name on that list lol

What a joke. Maybe Cody could have a Conor like showing, but what is that really saying? Nick and Nate, I love those guys but no, they have decent mma boxing but would get completely tooled by a good pro.

That's true. No matter how good an MMA fighter's hands look in the octagon it's a whole nother animal when they step into the ring. Personally, I'm not really interested in seeing these fights, but greed is a powerful motivation and boxing pays a lot. I prefer seeing boxers box and MMA guys UFC

Have a crazy theory that Woodley would knock GSP out in round 1.

lol at anyone who said Cruz. Compared to pro boxing, Cruz's "boxing" is fucking terrible. Awful footwork too, he just randomly shuffles around and throws obvious, telegraphed punches. He is a very good all round MMA fighter, but a boxer he is not. Your average solid journeyman would school Cruz with no trouble at all.

The two most obvious choices are Cody and Stipe, they both have a solid amateur background, they know how to box to some degree. They can both generate power punches like a boxer, ie effortlessly, with short shots, from different positions, and without much windup.

Cody would be my pick out of anyone in MMA, to potentially get the best win % in boxing. With a good boxing trainer, get him to be a bit more clinical and compact. He'd obviously get absolutely schooled by any elite boxer, but unlike Conor, his power and cardio would translate to boxing, enough to have some degree of success anyway.

Back