Woodley wasted part of his athletic prime waiting for a big fight that never happened

He's on borrowed time just like Bisping.

I must say it's kinda odd tho that certain people were cheering Bisping on for ducking but gets mad at Woodley for wanting a money fight after fighting 3 times as champion.

He's the new Ryan Reynolds. This is going to pay off when he's doing backflips on X-men.

Woodley is more like the alternate universe Ryan Reynolds who never got cast as Deadpool and is working on the straight-to-streaming Green Lantern 4.

Who cares. Not me, and probably not him. He's champion, and will obviously be champion until he retires.. which is probably some years off.

Tyron is really good, and I’m a big fan. I don’t know why so few people like him.

But yeah, he hasn’t fought enough lately. And his peak prime years are ending very soon.

MMA the only sport where 36 yrs is an athletes prime.

He arguably should be 0-1-1 against WB, not 1-0-1. And against Maia, he had a PATHETIC display. The only good thing he did that fight was stuff takedowns, which was admittedly impressive. But then he spent half the fight with his back against the fence, ON THE FEET AGAINST MAIA!!

Woodley has done nothing to raise his stock and deserves nothing.
He exposed WW Maia who at that time was strangling lesser fighters like a fucking anaconda. Be real.

BTW if you are an explosive athlete like Woodley, it makes sense to save your gas if you go five rounds.

The real story is that RDA lost out on his retirement fund when he pulled out against McGregor which would have done over 1 millions buys.

Woodley has made the mistake of assuming that simply having the belt makes him a draw.

in all of his proposed fights his opponent was the A side. people would be buying the ppv to see gsp conor nick diaz etc.

instead of trying to piggyback other people's fame to make money he could be building his own fame by defending his belt impressively and becoming a draw himself. I seem to remember max Holloway making this point about Woodley on air.

yes I know he is a relatively active champion. but his title defences came from outsmarting and outthinking both Maia and thompson. there was nothing memorable about those fights in a positive way.

he won the belt from Lawler in spectacular fashion.. this is more of the shit he needs. prior to that he was very inactive and got his title shot but claiming that a missed weight johny hendricks should count as a win and he was thus entitled to a titleshot.

right now I believe tyron can handle any WW easily and I agree with TS that he has missed opportunities to accumulate more wins and become the draw that he already believes he is.

Cant hate on a fighter for wanting big fights.

Sometimes all it takes Is one to really put someone on the map.

Look at Nate. Asked for big fights for a long time. Even sat out for a year not fighting. He finally got one and It changed his life.

Sure, Nate's big fight changed his life, but what did it do for his legacy? He pulled off the big upset by beating Conor, then lost the rematch. He made lots of money, but now he's just going to be known as the guy who took a big payday and then went off to smoke weed with his brother. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Back