Words and expressions you've learned solely from watching MMA

Here are a few of mine:

Fruition
No-brainer
Winningest
Interim
Indefinitely
Telegraphed

I've noticed that there is a certain langauge culture of MMA, people use the same expressions within their sports circle, for example I've heard "fruition" a lot within MMA context, but never outside it, even if it does exist outside it of course.
No brainer? Seriously?

A-Level Athlete
Can (obviously knew the word but not the meaning of it in a combat sports context)

Can't think of more right now but as a non-native English speaker there were quite a few words or figures of speech, metaphors and expressions I learnt due to MMA.

The word itself is not really unique to MMA, but there seems to be an obsession with who is the GOAT that is unique and I have never seen debated that much in other sports

Words I have learned from MMA are mostly technical terms like chokes, kicks etc. apart from the obvious joke phrases like "teh" etc.

Punches in bunches
Corn to the core
TST
Let me bang

Slobber knocker.
Beat you into a living death.
Got that look in his eyes.
Takin into deep water.

TRT too actually, had no idea what it was before, apparently MMA fighters were much more in need of it than the average citizen.

Most shocking and exciting season ever!!!

Oh wait, that's from the bachelor...

"Run it back" is a term I only heard from mma and I dont care to ever hear it again really.

That term is not too uncommon, in competitive, athletic and business ventures its somewhat common.

Ground & pound is #1 for me.

I know it's not MMA, but "werewithal" and "intestinal fortitude" were two terms used disproportionately often by WWE commentators. Perhaps "stick-to-itiveness" (which Merriam-Webster treats as a real word) as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back