Words that have been ruined by social media

“Unpack”

Remember like two weeks ago when “there’s a lot to unpack here” meant you were tired from a vacation and had a lot of dirty clothes to deal with?

Now it means you’re an idiot attempting to present yourself as an intellectual explaining something very fascinating and complicated (hint: it’s usually neither).

Two words i've learned to hate because of social media: Twitter and facebook

fuckboy

simp

karen

boomer

these were all perfectly good insults and just got beat to death in record time. Have some chill internet, damn.

Simp has definitely been ruined. Funny how whenever the internet picks up on African American slang they ruin it.

Problematic
“Unpack”

Remember like two weeks ago when “there’s a lot to unpack here” meant you were tired from a vacation and had a lot of dirty clothes to deal with?

Now it means you’re an idiot attempting to present yourself as an intellectual explaining something very fascinating and complicated (hint: it’s usually neither).

Holy shit I clicked this thread to mention these two

Another one is beginning every statement with "So..."

Also: "You love to see it" or "You hate to see it"

Based
This is the new insult since simp is dying and cuck\karen\boomer lost all buzz.
Who are these people that repeat these and spread them? The internet is such a cesspool of culture.

"Cuckold" - the husband of an unfaithful wife. Shortened to cuck by the alt right on social media and turned into just about the dorkiest sounding insult there is.

Any others?
{<jordan}

And "being a cuckold" used to be a badge of honor, right?

Do you even understand the level of retardedness in your statement?

I just had an AMAZING poop. It was SURREAL!

Back