Working 60+ hours per week

Davem10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there

I have been doing this since 96. But I will retire in my 50s

I have been doing this since 96. But I will retire in my 50s

Wow, impressive

Speak some more, im sure you have many tips to offer ?

Some questions

Do you exercise or have any hobbies, do you have a partner / marriage, kids ?

Do you work nights or days ?

I work days into evenings....I'm in sales so 7-7, or 8-4 with a Saturday. I go to gym every day, have family and kids, coach several teams. It's all about scheduling and being organized, and optimizing down time at work by doing things personally. Every night I have down time from 930-11. That's where I just veg and watch a show or read, or sex the wife. On weekends it's kids during day, beast mode drinking at night with friends and family. When I get burned out I take a vacation or long weekend.

I've been working seven days a week for the last seven years. My average is 72 hours per week. This has taken a toll on my life in a lot of ways but it is the sacrifice I've had to make to achieve my long term goals.

I've been working seven days a week for the last seven years. My average is 72 hours per week. This has taken a toll on my life in a lot of ways but it is the sacrifice I've had to make to achieve my long term goals.
What are those goals and was it worth it.

i work 12 hours a day in factory but i spent time mostly in office as admin. 7am-7pm from Monday - Saturday, sometimes Sunday. Made 2,000$ a month.

you've got no life, went straight home every night.

I would like to get some time to do basic things like exercise for health, working nights would seemingly exacerbate the problems of doing that.

If you are working for a family then it's worth it though probably.

Edit;

I wouldn't really considering labouring in a factory as exercise for health, more like playing a sport outside in fresh air or power walking or jogging.

i work 12 hours a day in factory but i spent time mostly in office as admin. 7am-7pm from Monday - Saturday, sometimes Sunday. Made 2,000$ a month.

you've got no life, went straight home every night.
2000 a month did you miss type or are you in a low wage country?
Please don't take that as me belittling you or your country just curious.

To the OP, 60 hours is very doable assuming Saturdays - so it's six 10 hour shifts/days. When you work the regular eight, you likely piss away two hours a day doing fuck all anyways - watching television or on the internet or whatever.
12 hr days are tedious - I only would work those if I was doing four day weeks(48 hours, three days off). Wouldn't do it on a regular M-F type schedule.

Last edited:
60 isn't that much. So many lower class people work two full time jobs. You can do it

Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there

I work 50 - 60 hours a week, and used to work 60-70 hours a week for about 10 years. It is sustainable, but I didn't save any money.

I work days into evenings....I'm in sales so 7-7, or 8-4 with a Saturday. I go to gym every day, have family and kids, coach several teams. It's all about scheduling and being organized, and optimizing down time at work by doing things personally. Every night I have down time from 930-11. That's where I just veg and watch a show or read, or sex the wife. On weekends it's kids during day, beast mode drinking at night with friends and family. When I get burned out I take a vacation or long weekend.

How old are your kids? What time do they go to bed?

Just reading this thread is making me tired. No thanks.

I work60-70 hours a week for 7-8 months a year then I chill at home with my family during the winter. I make enough in wages and my wife is smart enough with our money that it's great

youve got no life, went straight home every night.

Bro, $2000.00 for the month???? What are you, a paperboy? Please tell me you're not busting your ass working 60+ hours a week for $2,000 per month.

I used to do that regularly when I worked construction. Remote jobs I'd put in 80-100 hours a week, for weeks on end.

Nowadays my work is cyclical so I'll work 60+ for a few months when I'm busy and just bank it for vacation during the slower periods.

If you're gonna work extra, you should try reorganizing your bills. I'll try and pay off all my bills in advance as far as possible so then every month I'm pocketing the bulk of my paychecks. In reality the amount saved is the same, but its easier for me to work with bigger chunks as opposed to a little every month.

Back