• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Fight IQ Ever?

Worse than Cat Zingano??

Yes, worse than Cat. Her first and only dumbass move cost her the fight, but there was no point in which was actually winning and then threw it all away.

Sharma was completely controlling and dictating the pace of the fight in the first round. He was getting the better of the exchanges and dominating in the clinch. When the fight got to the ground in the first round he was doing a great job of fighting off his back, and almost got a submission, so I understand the initial confidence in fighting from the ground, but ...

By the 2nd round it became abundantly clear that Gruetzmacher was far more competitive on the ground than on the feet,and if Gruetzmacher was going to win this fight it would be on the ground ... a good fight IQ would have caused Sharma to realize this and keep it on the feet since this where Gruetzmacher was the least competitive. But noooo, he keeps initiating a ground position.

Cat never had the opportunity to experience the flaw in her first choice of attack and adjust, while Sharma had numerous opportunities to redirect the course of the fight and failed to do so.

If Conor cared so much he'd be at ring side not in the crowd.

If Conor cared so much he'd be at ring side not in the crowd.

If Sharma cared so much about his career he would have listened. I mean even with the thick Irish accent I could still understand what Connor was telling him to do.

-Keep it on the feet, he has nothing for you there. Which was very true.

-Stay in the clinch and beat him up. Which also worked.

-Don't try and take him down, you're much better standing. Sharma does the exact opposite of what he was just tolled repeatedly.

-Get off your back, avoid putting your back to the mat. Sharma again did the exact opposite of what he was tolled.

This is not Connor's fault that Sharma screwed himself, just like it isn't Faber's doing that Gru won. Gru won simply because Sharma beat himself. I enjoyed the way Connor told him in the locker room that it was his own damn fault.

Chael Sonnen had the belt but didn't LnP the last minute to a UD against Anderson the first time. The second time - WTF spinning backfist?

This reminded me so much of, TAKE HIM DOWN ANDY!!!111 TAKE HIM DOWN

He tore his labrum in the first fight and almost couldn't do the show.
That's why he didn't want to strike, he couldn't really use his arm after the first jab.

Source: A interview on a german news website.

imho 4 me it's gotta be Zingano running full tilt @ R3. Sure, let's jump in to the mouth of the lion as soon as possible. Great strategy. Cat's a finisher but this is the best you can come up with? Never saw what she trained for. The ultimate premature Ejack.

stop to think even for a second how it affects a kid that clearly admires conor as a fighter, having him screaming at him, callin him deragatory things?

not even rampage who acted like a fucking three year old on the show managed something as disgraceful as that.

The guy who wants FIGHT FOR A LIVING can't handle his coach yelling at him? Hahaha

Boo Fucking Hoo. You gotta be kidding me...call the fuckin wahbulance.

Back