Worst interviewer in boxing

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
My god the guy doing interviews for showtime sucks, Jim Gray?

No charisma doesn't listen to the fighters and doesn't ask anything that doesn't sound like it's from a script.

Stop paying this guy when there are so many better options.

he kept pulling the mic away from wilder last night. very annoying, but he's been doing interviews forever so I doubt he's going anywhere.

I almost threw the remote at my TV when Gray asked Porter "So how long do you think it'll take to recover?" in regards to his hand injury. The fight just ended and Gray wanted to skip right through the examination and diagnosis process and go straight to recovery time. The absolute worst.

I like him, he's an unapologetic interviewer but not intentionally biased like the old fart HBO had.

I was a little annoyed yesterday but that's only because he was interrupting Wilder before he could finish, but that's probably because he made too many assumptions about Wilder.

I had read/listened to enough of Wilder's interviews to know what he wanted to say, like "I'm champion of the world–so ill fight anywhere in the world".. Gray probably assumed he was going to say AJ has to come to the States (like Floyd would). Besides that, he's an important asset for SHO, other interviewers can't keep a straight face and ask the tough questions without getting played. Gray will make sure to get an answer and doesn't allow for pussyfooting.

Hes been terrible forever. He used to be hated by fans a lot more. I think Showtime just keeps him around to claim "we got the guy that asks the tough questions."

Kellerman used to be pretty shit

i remember once thinking wtf is he doing

and then Bunce went into him

Kellerman used to be pretty shit

i remember once thinking wtf is he doing

and then Bunce went into him

Kellerman IS an idiot.

His commentary sucks too, instead of just calling the fight he tries to push his biases on the viewer. As if viewers can't decide for themselves who's good and who's bad, he has to spoon feed you what to think and who's the better fighter.

I like Jim Gray because he gave the Mike to Tyson Fury

unlike the HBO assholes who wouldnt give Adonis any Mic time when Kovalev beat Pascal because Adonis is part of Showtime

Back