• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst motivational speech ever?

BrazilianDude

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So Bubba has been shitting his pants because he knows Uriah is gonna destroy him. When he is warming up, one of Team Jones coaches starts talking and says something like "He`s supposed to knock you out! He`s supposed to beat you!"

I don`t care what he said afterwards, that has to be the worst thing you can say to a terrified fighter. How shitty is it for the guy to know that even his team mates think he`s supposed to get destroyed? I don`t even like Bubba, but what the fuck was that coach thinking...

Note: Gilbert predicted the exact result of the fight.

How about worst motivational speech by a coach being the 'chicken shit/chicken salad' speech by Mr. Lesnar.

How about worst motivational speech by a coach being the 'chicken shit/chicken salad' speech by Mr. Lesnar.

oh... I didn`t watch that season. I started in Bisping vs Miller. Good season.
Watched season 1 later. Still have no idea why some people liked Leben.

I heard that, couldn't believe he said that, and how it could be looked at as a positive.

Vince Lombardi should have just kept his mouth shut

after he said it i was listening for him to say something positive to lift Bubba up..... didn't come. total fail speech

Chael in one of his speeches I remember him saying that Randy Couture went to a sports psychologist to try and not be afraid.

The psychologist said you may not be able to stop being scared but you can learn to function when you are afraid.

he needed a Chael speech to fix him up.

The guy is a good coach and makes his fighters feel like they can win.

So Bubba has been shitting his pants because he knows Uriah is gonna destroy him. When he is warming up, one of Team Jones coaches starts talking and says something like "He`s supposed to knock you out! He`s supposed to beat you!"

I don`t care what he said afterwards, that has to be the worst thing you can say to a terrified fighter. How shitty is it for the guy to know that even his team mates think he`s supposed to get destroyed? I don`t even like Bubba, but what the fuck was that coach thinking...

Note: Gilbert predicted the exact result of the fight.

Dude was like, 'He's supposed to win! He's supposed to beat you! He's supposed to knock you out! You're the wild card, you shouldn't even be here! You're supposed to lose! Now get out there!'

I was waiting for the part where he turns it around to light a fire under Bubba as the underdog with something to prove. But it never happened.

Didn't shamrock make his team watch videos of him to get them motivated?

I was thinking the same thing. If you got nothing good to say, then STFU. Some people just need to run their mouth.

Dude was like, 'He's supposed to win! He's supposed to beat you! He's supposed to knock you out! You're the wild card, you shouldn't even be here! You're supposed to lose! Now get out there!'

I was waiting for the part where he turns it around to light a fire under Bubba as the underdog with something to prove. But it never happened.

Yes, I think that was pretty much what he said. Jones should have told him to STFU!

Didn't shamrock make his team watch videos of him to get them motivated?

Shamrock was a fucking lemon when he coached.

Some other good speeches

Rampage: "He's got titties." The. End.

Koscheck: "The harder you work now the later you'll get rewarded." Crickets chirp.

Bubba, you are supposed to lose this, heck, everybody watching expects you to lose as well...

Now go give em hell

crickets

He lost before he entered, did you see Kelvin in sizing Uriah up after..... Not sure what happens but 4 bad dudes.

It was shitty because it was a Freudian slip. Coach knew it was true

Actually it was pretty good, he was telling Bubba he's got nothing to lose, hall is supposed to win go out there and stop that from happening. It would have got me pumped for the fight

Actually it was pretty good, he was telling Bubba he's got nothing to lose, hall is supposed to win go out there and stop that from happening. It would have got me pumped for the fight

Yes, and the result seemed to work out just swell

You sweat now so you don't bleed later. That was Titos thing. Tito really was one of the best coaches. I think Matt Serra was the best though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipilica
Back