Would beterbievs power carry through heavyweight?

The bums are huge and hit much, much harder compared to what he's used to. Weight divisions exist for a reason. He wouldn't stand a chance against B-levels like Dubois, Bakole, Ajagbe.

There's a man at CW he should fight before any HW, anyway.
He wouldn't stand a chance and yet he already beat the unified heavyweight champion in the past. Dropped him as well. You're such a logician. Who should he fight at cruiser?

He wouldn't stand a chance and yet he already beat the unified heavyweight champion in the past? Dropped him as well. You're such a logician. Who should he fight at cruiser?

Fucking amateurs. God you're pathetic. Go away.

The fact you even need to ask who he should fight at CW once again proves how dense and fog-brained you are.

Fucking amateurs. God you're pathetic. Go away.
I already said it happened in the amateurs. You think it's totally irrelevant? The International Boxing Hall of Fame doesn't. They take the amateurs into account when voting. Which cruiser should Beterbiev fight?

I already said it happened in the amateurs. You think it's totally irrelevant? The International Boxing Hall of Fame doesn't. They take the amateurs into account when voting. Which cruiser should Beterbiev fight?

The only CW worth talking about. Opetaia you dope.

The only CW worth talking about. Opetaia you dope.
Did you see who Opetaia just fought? He's a skilled fighter but he beat an old Briedis to become champ. Also got his jaw shattered in that fight.

Did you see who Opetaia just fought? He's a skilled fighter but he beat an old Briedis to become champ. Also got his jaw shattered in that fight.

He got his jaw shattered because Briedis hits like a truck.

Beterbiev is deceptively quick. He was able to cut the distance immediately last night against a solid guy that was 4 or 5 inches taller and had around a half foot in reach. Was literally outjabbing the guy in the center of the ring.

Mmmm I felt like artur is exceptionally slow.

He outjabbed callum but that’s more based on positioning and technique. Not speed.

Mmmm I felt like artur is exceptionally slow.

He outjabbed callum but that’s more based on positioning and technique. Not speed.
The perception is that Artur is slow but functionally he's quick. Deceptively quick due to his short punches, not loading up on his shots, and because of his timing. Artur was able to close the gap whenever he liked not only through timing and skill but because his foot speed is underrated. His ability to abruptly stop and suddenly change direction was also on display in there.

Not sure what we mean by this.

The hardest hitting LHW would still hit hard at HW, he just wouldn't be an outlier. I mean...many LHW's have fought at heavyweight so it's not even that hypothetical?

Artur isn't just currently the hardest hitting LHW, but probably the hardest hitting of all time. So yes, when he goes to HW power would not be the problem for him.

Durability, weight, reach, strength are what would set him back at HW.

He wouldn't stand a chance and yet he already beat the unified heavyweight champion in the past. Dropped him as well. You're such a logician. Who should he fight at cruiser?

I’ve only seen the last of there 3 fights but I did notice an interesting trajectory of usyks career after his loss to Arthur. He was 14-10 after that loss. He went on to win 71 of his next 76 fights after that, beating beterbiev twice (finished at 85-15). And 2 of those last 5 losses were walkovers. The loss to Arthur seems to have been the catalyst for his career

I’ve only seen the last of there 3 fights but I did notice an interesting trajectory of usyks career after his loss to Arthur. He was 14-10 after that loss. He went on to win 71 of his next 76 fights after that, beating beterbiev twice (finished at 85-15). And 2 of those last 5 losses were walkovers. The loss to Arthur seems to have been the catalyst for his career
They had a rivalry but Usyk did beat him 2/3 times as you said. I've only seen Usyk legitimately dropped once (with a blow that isn't questionable), from a body shot in the amateurs, and Artur is the guy that landed it. Artur so far has demolished at least 2 highly durable fighters that had never touched the canvas as amateurs or pros (both Smiths, Joe & Callum), so he has some seriously heavy hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back