Would Khabib vs Tony do a million ppv buys?

Would be considered a win if it broke 350. Look how beating a superstar helped Amanada Nunes.

Khabib was more popular than Nunes prior to beating Conor & the publicity after was insane
You can't compare

Would be considered a win if it broke 350. Look how beating a superstar helped Amanada Nunes.

Khabib vs Iaquinta with a shit rest of card and before Khabib vs Conor did 350000 buys.

Comparing Khabib to Nunes is utter foolishness. I sense a lot of butt hurt Conor fanboys

Good draws that aren't named Brock, GSP or Conor struggle to break 500k. Assuming Khabib's stock went up significantly he might be able to do 500k buys instead of the usual 150k baseline. But 1mil seems way too optimistic.

I bet it gets close. After UFC 229, khabib's stock has sky rised. Especially after that brawl.

500k max.... I love both guys but that's reality, and I'm being generous with that #.

Khabib vs GSP is his only fight other than Conor that would do 1m+

As others have said, Khabib's floor is 350k buys. As in, if you put him against a real estate agent at the absolute last moment, and have no other big fights on the card, Khabib alone can get you 350k buys.

Now, after having trended worldwide news for the last few days and increased his winning streak even further, I'd say his floor is 500k buys. Add in actual legitimate opponents, and he can do 7-800k buys routinely.

As others have said, Khabib's floor is 350k buys. As in, if you put him against a real estate agent at the absolute last moment, and have no other big fights on the card, Khabib alone can get you 350k buys.
I get your point but that was a Khabib title shot vs Tony up until like 5 days out, and then the drama of khabib vs Holloway - it go so much attention. The majority of ppl who were gonna buy did anyway, despite the last minute replacement. I don't see a huge untaped market out there for Khabib or Tony - 500k would be excellent

edit: not to mention the mcgregor bus attack...that was so much press and promotion and attention

Last edited:
Would Khabib vs Tony do a million ppv buys?
Doubtful, and that's great news because all of those Muslim casuals would log in to Kebob's Instagram one day to unexpectedly find out he got submitted.

Dana, yes hes full of shit, said Ufc 223 was trending towards a million buys before the freak injury. That was before the Conor win for Khabib and Khabib seems to be mma s new star.

Tony's pretty fucking popular himself and certainly gained some shine at 229 as well.

This fight is a promoters dream. Two guys who are popular as hell, exciting, are loved by hardcore fans also and should put on a hell of a fight.

IMO it does 1 million buys

Don't care. The fight itself is what matters.

To beat the million you need at least one fighter to be known by mainstream people and a good storyline.
Tony is very very good but sadly he is not that guy. Khabib is well known in Russia but I have a feeling most russian fans dont pay to watch so I doubt this goes higher than 700k.

To beat the million you need at least one fighter to be known by mainstream people and a good storyline.
Tony is very very good but sadly he is not that guy. Khabib is well known in Russia but I have a feeling most russian fans dont pay to watch so I doubt this goes higher than 700k.

There is no PPV in Russia

Khabib has 11.2 million instagram followers now. His popularity has grown immensely.

Maybe I'm overestimating how much it's grown. I guess we will see.

Instagram followers don't mean shit, more than half of those are probably bought followers who don't even exist. PPV is a dead model outside of very few fighters. Khabib doesn't have the English capacity to trash talk well enough to get to that kind of level. He's not a draw at all, look at what the last PPV he headlined sold.

Nah. It's the fight I'd like to see more than any other but it doesn't appeal to casuals as much.

Just over 500k is my guess.

The same casuals all saw Tony slaughter Pettis.

Khabib is a star on his own now. Both are on historic streaks.

Yeah I think it would do a million. Not as big as 229 or even close to it, but it could do a million.

Throw the whole UFC machine behind it, it should get 800K

Now, after having trended worldwide news for the last few days and increased his winning streak even further, I'd say his floor is 500k buys. Add in actual legitimate opponents, and he can do 7-800k buys routinely.
Khabib was more popular than Nunes prior to beating Conor & the publicity after was insane
You can't compare
Khabib vs Iaquinta with a shit rest of card and before Khabib vs Conor did 350000 buys.

Comparing Khabib to Nunes is utter foolishness. I sense a lot of butt hurt Conor fanboys
I bet it gets close. After UFC 229, khabib's stock has sky rised. Especially after that brawl.

Nate was more popular after beating Conor, and Nate himself is still not a big draw currently

Khabib right now is not a bigger draw then Nate was after Conor

Anyone who thinks beating the star makes you any kind of star is delusional

Khabib by himself was a sub300k PPV fighter

And all Kahbib did was probably add more muslims who won't buy his PPVs nor can afford PPVs

Khabib won't do more then 500k against Tony AND THAT'S being very GENEROUS

Anyone who thinks Khabib would ever come close to 700k let alone 1million buys on his own is seriously missing a few screws loose

Khabib sherdog fans are now far more delusional then Conor fans ever were

Throw the whole UFC machine behind it, it should get 800K

The UFC machine is worth about 200-300k buys depending on who's fighting, the rest is coming from the fighters themselves, the number of buys that get sold solely from the UFC name aren't very high.

Back