Would Max overtake Volk legacy wise with a W over Justin?

If Max:

beats Gaethje,
beats Islam for the LW belt,
drops back down and beats FW Champ for the belt,
Circles back and beats Volk --

Then, it would be taken under consideration.

Before we hear nothing but opinions what are the facts does volk have a longer title streak than max.

Or does Max have a longer title streak than volk..

And if volks is bigger
How does Max besting gaethje at lw trump volks legacy at bw

Max and Volk are two of my favorite current fighters and both are top 3 FWs historically, but I just can't see this win putting Max's career over Volk's when Volk has three wins head to head against Max (and yes, one was very close).

I think Max is probably third greatest FW of all time, and that's a huge accolade when you consider the only two monsters ahead of him. My only worry with Max is that I think his decline is going to be dramatic, sudden, and hard to watch. Once his chin goes, his whole style falls apart.

Beating Justin would be big, though.

Yes. I still think he won the 2nd fight and to me they are tied at FW, getting a massive win in a different division would put him higher.

Yes. I still think he won the 2nd fight and to me they are tied at FW, getting a massive win in a different division would put him higher.
Well it’s a good thing your opinion doesn’t matter cause volk beat max 3 times

Put the shovels away.

All you have to do is take one glance at their resumes to know that you are wrong.

They share very similar wins at the top. Max only has Allen and Cattar over Volk in recent years. And the Cattar win is becoming less and less relevant.

Every win becomes less relevant over time. We could say this about every win for every fighter. The beating Max administered to Calvin altered him as he hasn't looked the same since. Considering how Max won, it's an all time win.

That said, Volkanovski is the second best Featherweight of all time. Max is third.

Volk wouldn't even dream of taking a beating from Gaethje; so yes, Halloway is superior. He even took a Prime McGregor to decision!!

P.S: Max also finished Oliveira, Pettis & Aldo x2!!

Volk ducked Frankie Edgar, Arnold Allen and is a decision queen.
Volk finished Yarir.. Max had to panic wrestle for his life.

Na Volk beat him 3 times and has more title defenses, IF Max gets the LW against Islam or goes back to 45 and defends a few times, he has an argument

Only way is If Max wins Gaethje then beats Islam.

Also lost to both and is still considered to be the FW goat by many. If Max beats Justin then he has a great shot at being regarded as FW GOAT. He’ll likely outlast Volk if he carries on fighting. I don’t see him plateauing or getting worse fight on fight. Max is a killer. And yes, I think he schools Ilia Topurinea

Back