Would This Have Been Stopped In Boxing(Lawler vs JDS)

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
43 punches umanswered in 23 seconds.

Yeah I agree with Seano, hardly any of them landed clean.

Last edited:
On top of the punches not all landing cleanly, Robbie was clearly still trying to defend himself

"Yeah" or no? That wouldn't have been stopped. Lawler was blocking very well, and was hardly rocked.

My apologies, meant that I was agreeing with Seano. So no, I don't think it would've been stopped.

“Lawler vs JDS” huh

Quite the mismatch

43 punches umanswered in 23 seconds.

No

It was a great fight but lawler wasn’t buzzed at this point, he was hurt to the body though. I remember most of these shots being blocked or partially blocked and he came firing straight back

if it was JDS throwing those, lawler would be in a casket right now.

That isn't JDS it's Rafael dos Anjos. Lawler was also able to roll and catch quite a few of those shots. Should've been looking to counter and not just stay stuck on the defensive allowing RDA to unload with no consequences.

I would guarantee that after how Robbie looked and the beating he took at the end of round 4, the vast majority of corners/boxing referees would have most definitely stopped that fight between rounds. That was way worse than this sequence.

Also, amazing how much more stamina the guy has when he cuts less weight.

Also, amazing how much more stamina the guy has when he cuts less weight.

RDA has always had amazing stamina, dude went 5 hard rounds vs Ferguson before moving up to Welterweight and that was a 48-47 close decision...vs the cardio machine at that weight class.

It wouldn't have been an outrage if they stopped it. The reality is he was rolling with the punches, and he still had his legs under him.

In retrospect, the fight really didn't need to continue. Lawler had nothing left, and RDA just kept the beating going for the rest of the fight.

Back