Would WB have won if the fight was in America?

Rygu

R.I.P. Obie
@Gold
Reaction score
The answer is yes, he would have.

yup but doesnt matter till is a great fighter

The scores were ridiculous. 49-46? There was definitely some serious bias for the Brit. I had it as a draw after that knockdown in the 5th.

Hometown fighters have routinely won questionable at best decisions on cards held abroad. This is typical.

I don't understand fighters like Wonderboy. If you're going to be a point fighter who fights like you're playing a game of chess, be clever enough to also refuse fights outside of North America where you are fighting on someone else's homeland with the possibility of biased judges being involved.

I know the UFC is getting strict with people who refuse to fight certain other fighters but come on, I'm sure one can refuse one fight or so. Not to mention Till not making weight could've also been another excuse.

Obviously, he would've won a much more deserving 49-46 than Till just won.

I'm not upset that I don't have to watch Woodley v Wonderboy again, ever

Ill need to rewatch.. but i had it at a very close 2-2 before the 5th

Yes, just watch Rory vs Thompson.. Rory hunted Wondeboy while Wonderboy did nothing and the USA judge give him the win..

they were desperate for a blonde WW champ.

Yeah no doubt. Look at the stats WB landed 2x as much shots as Till in every round.

Of course Till won the fight, he fulfilled the requirements for an English fighter to win decision in England....remained conscious til the end

True but now we have an equally exciting Till vs Woodley on the horizon
I'm hoping each guy gets a match between now and then and we can avoid it altogether
Doubt it though, its probably inevitable

Back