Would you be fine with a Benevolent Superman Ruling Humanity?

Lifting a mountain and melting metal don't solve the world's problems. So, no. Basically you're saying might makes right. I don't agree with the utopia you described, but even if I did, forcing it on everyone else makes it inherently wrong. Although it is hard to argue against a truly benevolent, truly competent, monarchy as the most efficient form of government. Anyone who's been on a committee knows that.

He has super hearing and can show up and say:

“This peaceful demonstration is over. Return to your homes.”
There was nothing peaceful about much of the crap we saw over the summer. The T-Mobile in my city that got smashed and looted would have needed a super hero that could see into the future to disburse gatherings of thugs wanting free shit.

Humans would still be cunts. Millions of disputes of all kinds would still take place every day, and he wouldn’t have time to hear them all.
I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get every cunt to fall in line.
media.gif

The ONLY way Superman solves the world's problems ends with the extinction of the human race.

Scorched Earth, clean the slate, let evolution anoint the new rulers. Supes can go fly the Galaxy looking for new intelligent life.

Let me Iron out Supermans philosophy here:

There will be mental health institutions for the mentally ill and drug rehabilitation centres that they are sentenced to so they aren’t in the street trying to cut your throat for a dose.
I like how we need a Superman ruling the world to accomplish that.

Sounds like a good deal compared to the current system tbh

Lol at meat being the deal breaker for people

There's a limit to what even Superman can do.

Gort would be better, if we seriously can't manage to come to the realization that the universe's desire to make us suffer is our greatest enemy (and thus face that together).

Let the arbiter be without bias or capable of emotional manipulation.

Anyway, yeah, this would suck. It'd be horrible. And it presumes that society's problems are simple and their resolution simply requires someone with the will to resolve them...and also that the sum total of human wisdom could somehow be embodied in a single individual. The human condition is complex, human problems and thus societal problems are complex and attempts to resolve them almost always entail tradeoffs.

Last edited:
Make it more a Brightburn situation and im in.
I for one Welcome our Ubermensch overlord.

No, and Superman couldn't solve all those problems anyway.

Best he could do is go kill someone who's doing wrong or violating his laws, but there's a lot of nuance. Things where it's not clear who's the good guy and who's the bad guy.
This is pretty much what I came in here to say. This, and that absolute power corrupts absolutely, even if that power is held by a resident of Krypton.

Wait, Superman is vegan? When did DC retcon that bullshit?

Yess 100%, I've thought about this before lol. Everything except being vegetarian

Back