Would you let your neighbors' kids use your pool?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Two years in a row, we've been allowing our next door neighbors' kids to use our pool during summer. Besides the noise, they haven't been problematic. Our pool is only 5 feet deep in the deepest part and they're all good swimmers as well as pretty tall for their age, so it's not an issue until yesterday. They were having a shootout with these toy guns that shoot out these balls of slime. I woke up this morning and that shit is all over my pool deck. I tried washing with the hose and 99.9% of them are not coming off. I was pissed and called my neighbor, and he's sending the kids over to scrub them out. I hope they're not permanent, I got green and red dots fucking everywhere on my pool deck, patio furniture, etc..

That sucks.

i guess u should have established certain rules and expectations

perhaps make the parents sign some sort of legal document in case of damages or one of the kids gets hurt

Neighbor sounds like a stand up dude sending the kids over to clean up after you called. If shit is permanently damaged give him a chance to make it right.

The world needs good neighbors again.

Not a chance.

Unless it was pool party for the neighborhood.

Do they pay for your maintenance?

Fuck em. They need to break out a hose and lawn sprinkler like everyone else.

Well, it looks like this stuff is supposed to be biodegradable. I had a hard time trying to get them off the deck, though. They're sticking pretty good to the cool decking.

No there is legal issues that can happen to you if they get injured etc

At least in the US and many western countries. In say Brazil there is no issue

I let neighbor kids in my pool but they know the deal, leave it just the way you found it.

Glad the parents are sending them back. Hopefully they are able to get it cleaned up

Two years in a row, we've been allowing our next door neighbors' kids to use our pool during summer. Besides the noise, they haven't been problematic. Our pool is only 5 feet deep in the deepest part and they're all good swimmers as well as pretty tall for their age, so it's not an issue until yesterday. They were having a shootout with these toy guns that shoot out these balls of slime. I woke up this morning and that shit is all over my pool deck. I tried washing with the hose and 99.9% of them are not coming off. I was pissed and called my neighbor, and he's sending the kids over to scrub them out. I hope they're not permanent, I got green and red dots fucking everywhere on my pool deck, patio furniture, etc..
I'd send the kids back home. Tell the parents to get off their lazy asses and break out the elbow grease.

Kids are gonna shit in your pool now out of spite.
You should build a wall to keep unwanted people out
<TheDonald>

No there is legal issues that can happen to you if they get injured etc

At least in the US and many western countries. In say Brazil there is no issue

Can you make the parents sign some sort of waiver that you're not liable if anything happens to there kids if they want to come over to use the pool? Fuck wouldnt want to be sued if one was running and tripped and hurt themselves or drowned.

You're a good neighbor. Those kids will remember you as the nice man who shared what he had.

Back