Would you say Taylor Swift is now bigger than Elvis?

I have parents you know and we talked about what was popular back then.

BTW.. all people posting opinions here weren't around at the same time of Elvis either.
We know who Elvis is, thats how you know hes big. He comes on the screen and you know its him.

No one in 30 years will be singing a Taylor Swift song because its not unique. Its plain jane down the middle, no thrills, no frills, suburban chick music.
Its put your sunglasses on top of your head, roll down the window, and go to Jamba Juice music.

We know who Elvis is, thats how you know hes big. He comes on the screen and you know its him.

No one in 30 years will be singing a Taylor Swift song because its not unique. Its plain jane down the middle, no thrills, no frills, suburban chick music.
Its put your sunglasses on top of your head, roll down the window, and go to Jamba Juice music.
How do you know? are you from the future?

All I'm saying is you guys claim Elvis is like the second coming of Jesus Christ when he did like a total of 2 shows outside of the USA.
In the meantime that Taylor girl is a worldwide phenomenon.

How do you know? are you from the future?

All I'm saying is you guys claim Elvis is like the second coming of Jesus Christ when he did like a total of 2 shows outside of the USA.
In the meantime that Taylor girl is a worldwide phenomenon.
Worldwide phenomenon my ass, shes probably not even bigger than Beyonce.

Michael Jackson said it best. No woman will ever top a man on stage. And he was referring to Madonna when he said it.
That Madonna hated that she couldnt command an audience like him. How he could stand there and not move for minutes and people would faint.
Elvis had that type of power amongst crowds. No one as much as MJ but Elvis and the Beatles were very very close to that.

Taylor Swift? Not even fuckin close.

When Swift is gone, there will be another pop sensation to replace her. There was nobody like Elvis and probably will never be.

I have no idea, but it kind of seems like comparing apples to oranges. The music industry, pop culture, and fame in general work differently now than they did back then.
Back then, there were fewer media outlets, so anyone famous was seen by everyone. Now, you have your pick of a thousand different things to watch. And while that may expose someone to more people worldwide, some people (like me) wouldn’t even know a Taylor Swift song if they heard it.

Worldwide phenomenon my ass, shes probably not even bigger than Beyonce.

Michael Jackson said it best. No woman will ever top a man on stage. And he was referring to Madonna when he said it.
That Madonna hated that she couldnt command an audience like him. How he could stand there and not move for minutes and people would faint.
Elvis had that type of power amongst crowds. No one as much as MJ but Elvis and the Beatles were very very close to that.

Taylor Swift? Not even fuckin close.
Again.. you are just thinking in US. There is a reason Swift played in the biggest stadium here and do worldwide tours... Beyonce never actually came here and is not really popular.

And Jackson was a fucking pedo, a fucking weirdo and probably jealous of Madonna. Like it or not Madonna beat him based on longevity alone (and not touching children fwiw). A common point is that both ended up looking like fucking aliens.

When Swift is gone, there will be another pop sensation to replace her. There was nobody like Elvis and probably will never be.

I don't know man, I can't really think of a pop star in my lifetime (I'm 43) bigger than Swift, Michael Jackson probably.

In terms of bigger than Elvis, i'm sure there are metrics on this that could give some sort of answer, hard to compare vastly different eras though.

As far as musical stardom . Only artist like MJ, Beatles , Mozart, Beethoven.... are Elvis level ......

Swift is huge and biggest female musical artist ever but not quite at that S level yet. Maybe in time but not now.. I would compare her more to Garth Brooks or Madonna.

Again.. you are just thinking in US. There is a reason Swift played in the biggest stadium here and do worldwide tours... Beyonce never actually came here and is not really popular.

And Jackson was a fucking pedo, a fucking weirdo and probably jealous of Madonna. Like it or not Madonna beat him based on longevity alone (and not touching children fwiw). A common point is that both ended up looking like fucking aliens.

Michael Jackson is still the biggest pop star the world has ever seen.

He’s like Madonna, T Swift, and Beyonce combined.

Michael Jackson is still the biggest pop star the world has ever seen.

He’s like Madonna, T Swift, and Beyonce combined.
Jackson yes.. Elvis hell no.

MJ was a huge star.. a fucking weirdo who liked to spent dubious amount of time with children but still huge.

I still remember when he came here a gazillion years ago. My parents who never went to a live concert went to see him. He played in River Plate which is the biggest stadium here (70K people I think). Unironically it is the same stadium Swift performed at.

Jackson yes.. Elvis hell no.

MJ was a huge star.. a fucking weirdo who liked to spent dubious amount of time with children but still huge.

I still remember when he came here a gazillion years ago. My parents who never went to a live concert went to see him. He played in River Plate which is the biggest stadium here (70K people I think). Unironically it is the same stadium Swift performed at.
Beyonce got paid $24m for an hour event in Dubai.
Swift was offered $9m for an event in Dubai.

Beyonce's putting on a way better show than Swift's frail ass is doing and is hands down more attractive. Not even an argument.
Also Taylor's not even in the top 10 for sales and not the highest selling female ever.

So by what metric does she beat Elvis? Because she went to Argentina?
Elvis would've shook his hips and fucked Argentina a new asshole if he knew it existed.

Beyonce got paid $24m for an hour event in Dubai.
Swift was offered $9m for an event in Dubai.

Beyonce's putting on a way better show than Swift's frail ass is doing and is hands down more attractive. Not even an argument.
Also Taylor's not even in the top 10 for sales and not the highest selling female ever.

So by what metric does she beat Elvis? Because she went to Argentina?
Elvis would've shook his hips and fucked Argentina a new asshole if he knew it existed.
Elvis never played outside of north america.. only in US and a couple of times in Canada. You like to think you are the only inhabitants in the world but that is not the case.

Regarding Beyonce and Swift I could not care less. I don't think I would recognize Swift in a picture and have not heard about Beyonce in years. Not my cup of tea. All I know is that when Taylor came here it was a fucking shitshow with people camping for weeks to get to the stadium first.

Reactions: lsa
+1 on any post saying she rivals Elvis/Beatles/MJ/Madonna in terms of absolute popularity, but will have to do something that really changes culture, or the general public's perception of what great music is, in order to build as strong of a legacy, and still be popular in 50 years.

Let's not get carried away with this stuff. Old Hollywood protected an image. It was a lie.

Elvis died with enough drugs in his system to kill a rhinocerous. He was a serial adulterer, and pussy hounded 14-year-old girls.
Ray Charles was a heroin addict, and was also a serial adulterer who fathered over a dozen children out of wedlock.
Lennon infamously abandoned his wife & son to live with Yoko Ono.

What has Taylor Swift done, for example, to be cited as a deterioration of values in comparison to that? Generally, I agree, things have gone downhill, but let's not be foolish slaves to carefully crafted image.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammywells
Back