Would you take a big loan to bet on MMA?

First rule that should never be broken: Never bet/gamble money you don’t have. This is something that gets you in big trouble, in other words, in deep shit. Don’t do it.

If it’s about the money you have, be prepared to lose it. It stings if you do, but at least it was your money and you were prepared to lose it. It’s hard to start making profit with betting and it takes time.

I am a betting man myself and I don’t think that’s the way you get out of your unfortunate situation.

Rocket Loans gonna be coming for those knee caps, bud.

Godspeed. Don't give up hope, and don't be afraid to ask people for help. Literally everyone needs help with something in their lives, at some point along the way, and no matter their status or situation. It's OK to be humble, and it's OK for people to help those who need it. Unfuck your line of thinking, bud.

People who don’t actually train and fight shouldn’t be betting on fights

First rule that should never be broken: Never bet/gamble money you don’t have. This is something that gets you in big trouble, in other words, in deep shit. Don’t do it.

If it’s about the money you have, be prepared to lose it. It stings if you do, but at least it was your money and you were prepared to lose it. It’s hard to start making profit with betting and it takes time.

I am a betting man myself and I don’t think that’s the way you get out of your unfortunate situation.
Yeah.. I heard about that rule but don't you think there may be exceptions if you're stuck in some situation which might severely affect to your life in the near future? You have to take action and the only solution is..

Idc what people say, they don't know you. Sometimes people literally "get rich or die tryin'." Of course the "popular opinion" is gonna hate on you for taking chances because most people never will.

All I will state are facts. If you're a knowledgeable fan, your odds are already way higher than those that risk their entire existence on something like slot machines, for example. There's a lot of people that have ruined their lives doing that. At least with a straight (who wins) bet in MMA, you're essentially at 50% odds, before the bookies set the lines.

Sometimes I like to look at all the cards in the next two months and then come up with a "lock." I've noticed that I'm pretty good at that, opposed to parlays or exact outcomes. So find your strength. Like someone else said, ease your way into bigger bets by gambling what you can afford to lose, to get your confidence and bankroll higher. At least play with the sportbook here and see how you do over time.

We'd hate to see you put yourself in a worse position, but as long as you acknowledge the dark side, there could be a very shiny light at the end of the tunnel. The road most traveled is negativity and that's why everyone's saying don't, 'cause nobody believes in your success, 'cause most people go to Vegas with more money than they leave with. But, if you're not afraid of becoming homeless and you think you're at rock bottom, the only way you could go is up. (I will suggest watching Fight Night Picks on YouTube and if both of them and I agree, we're like 100% after about the 5ish fights I've kept track of. Lol)

Last edited:
Nope, don't bet money you do not have. If you're going to be ignorant then throw away money you already earned.

Last thing you want is people taking away your house or loan sharks forcing you into slavery.

Bo.

But I know a guy who offsets his loses betting on other sports by betting on MMA.

<Fedor23>

I would strongly advise against it. There is a big chance you would lose, and you would put yourself in a worse situation and be even under more stress than now.

I truly wish you the best though, and I can understand your pain and feelings of desperation of trying to save your sick mother.

I

Genuinely surprised at the sound advice you've received OP.

Gambling isn't a way to make money.

Don't do it.

Yeah.. I heard about that rule but don't you think there may be exceptions if you're stuck in some situation which might severely affect to your life in the near future? You have to take action and the only solution is..
It sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into doing it. It is up to you, of course, but you came here to ask for advice and pretty much everyone says not to do it.

Lets say you manage to get a loan or a couple of credit cards and bankroll yourself that way. How do you see yourself managing that bankroll? Go all in on one fight, win or lose? What upcoming events have fights that you would bet on? It sounds like you’d go swinging for that hail mary as soon as there is an event to bet on… I might be wrong. How much money would you need to win? You would need to pay off the loan or debt asap.

What if you lose? That would affect your life for years and if you’re unable to make the payments it would ruin your credit score and ability to get loans/credit cards in the future. Maybe you couldn’t make rent and could get evicted. That’s a good way to lose your job… The spiral leads down the drain.

Lets say you manage to get a loan or a couple of credit cards and bankroll yourself that way. How do you see yourself managing that bankroll? Go all in on one fight, win or lose? What upcoming events have fights that you would bet on? It sounds like you’d go swinging for that hail mary as soon as there is an event to bet on… I might be wrong. How much money would you need to win? You would need to pay off the loan or debt asa

What if you lose? That would affect your life for years and if you’re unable to make the payments it would ruin your credit score and ability to get loans/credit cards in the future. Maybe you couldn’t make rent and could get evicted. That’s a good way to lose your job… The spiral leads down the drain.
Yes majority says no and don't do that but at the same time noone of them in my shoes so they don't fully understand what's going on in my life right now.. and how important is to solve this problem asap. I think either All-in on 1 or 2 fights parlay or betting like 30 or 50% of that bankroll. I would wait till the most likely outcome type of fights would appear on the horizon. Like watching bunch of youtube mma channels and then reading betting section on this forum. Not necessarily betting on who'd win but taking under or over rds for example. I need at least around 5-6k. But even 2-3k would tremendously help in my situation. Because I would take 2-3k loan on top of that and would figure out how to pay 100bucks monthly. But my mom's health is my number #1 priority.. that's why I'm so desperate. What If I lose... I can't say this cuz it's against the rules.. you probably understand.. when I said this it's do or die move I meant it.. I know I'm on the timer and this daily unbearable anxiety and depression is just too much.. I'm struggling with insomnia..waking up in the middle of the night. I'm just sick of everything man.

I wouldnt bet my own money, its basically my own money at that point, but from a loan its even worst.

Back