Wow, Star Wars Battlefront 2 single player is the like playing the movie.

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Personal rant, but I am really annoyed that the Battlefront franchise is multiplayer focused. It may just be me, but when I think of a star wars game, the last thing I think of is Battlefield like gameplay. And since Disney closed LucasArts, the chances of devs getting a license is practically nil.

But so far (early on), the singleplayer of the sequel is everything I hoped for in a modern gen stsr wars game. Incredible visuals and setpeices, stellar sound and music, and fun gameplay.

Now, I would have loved to see more exploration and RGP elements, but for this Battlefield mimic series, I am surprised how much thought they actually put into the story this go around.

I was really expecting the levels and gameplay to be completely arena based, like the arcade mode. Playing with the HUD off really feels like you are playing the movie.

I just wish the series was singleplayer or co cop based and not the played out multiplayer style. Mark my words, gamers are going to get tired of these competitive multiplayer first models eventually. Everyone grows out of it, its just a matter of time.

the movie is fuckin garbage

So, $60 to play through The Last Jedi twice?

I'd rather have blue milk from ocean cows pumped up my ass.

{<jordan}

Campaign is fun though.

Not from what I've heard.

Same old shit 4-hour campaign, with admittedly great graphics, and with a Star Wars skin. Not surprising since its a game released to coincide with a movie release.

Only reason it'll sell well is because its 'Star Wars,' but if the same game was released without the brand, music, sound effects, and story set a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it'd flop, and it should flop.

But idiots will buy anything with 'Star Wars' on the front of it when a new movie comes out, and publishers know this, so why bother put any real effort into it other than great graphics to put in the trailer?

Not from what I've heard.

Same old shit 4-hour campaign, with admittedly great graphics, and with a Star Wars skin. Not surprising since its a game released to coincide with a movie release.

Only reason it'll sell well is because its 'Star Wars,' but if the same game was released without the brand, music, sound effects, and story set a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it'd flop, and it should flop.

But idiots will buy anything with 'Star Wars' on the front of it when a new movie comes out, and publishers know this, so why bother put any real effort into it other than great graphics to put in the trailer?

Cool, I've played it. It's fun.

You're basing nonsense on what you've "heard". Seems like you just want to hate on the game.

Cool, I've played it. It's fun.

You're basing nonsense on what you've "heard". Seems like you just want to hate on the game.

Yeah, because I'm smart enough to not play for it, based on 3 reasons -

1. EA.
2. First EA Battlefront was shit.
3. The lootbox fiasco, ending with them being removed days before release, but implied to be added back in at a later date.

I might pick it up, used, in a few years.

Mark your words? I'm a old gamer and I rarely invest time I anything but PVP

Yeah, because I'm smart enough to not play for it, based on 3 reasons -

1. EA.
2. First EA Battlefront was shit.
3. The lootbox fiasco, ending with them being removed days before release, but implied to be added back in at a later date.

I might pick it up, used, in a few years.

<YeahOKJen>

Well I hope you feel better now.

I didn't dislike the movie, but I'm not a Star Wars fanboy. Only thing that made me really smh was the Princess Leia scene...anyone who watched it knows what I mean

Well, EA had fucking Amy Henning (writer of Uncharted series) and Visceral Games (dev that made the Dead Space trilogy) working on a SP Star Wars game that looked really good, then they decided to do this to everyone involved:

giphy.gif

All in the name of "refocusing" Any hope I had for a unique Star Wars experience is as dead as that game. That said I enjoy BF2 for what it is but this was soooo much more interesting.

Well, EA had fucking Amy Henning (writer of Uncharted series) and Visceral Games (dev that made the Dead Space trilogy) working on a SP Star Wars game that looked really good, then they decided to do this to everyone involved:

giphy.gif

All in the name of "refocusing" Any hope I had for a unique Star Wars experience is as dead as that game. That said I enjoy BF2 for what it is but this was soooo much more interesting.

Never heard of that, sounded awesome. Visceral Games definitely got fucked over hard by EA, being closed down with little notice. Dead Space 3 wasnt that bad. Still better than most of the games EA publishes.

Back