• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR lounge 266: the Jon Jones leg of wieners

You can only eat one food for the rest of your life. Which one is it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the ER waiting room has restrictions, and since I was neither a patient nor immediate family, they couldn't let me stay. They told me I was welcome to stay in the parking lot for updates.

Yes.
When are you going to get the help you need? Is there anything we can do?

I thought I'd heard it all in IT.

You all know the usual things to ask dummies:
Turn it on and off again
Is it plugged in?
Double click the icon
Ect

But today, an all new level of amazement has arisen. One of the guys in our 1st line call centre had the below.

A user received a new laptop, plugged in his keyboard and mouse plus his screen, which he uses as the main screen so he shuts the laptop lid.
He called the help desk saying he's setup teams as he's now got meetings to attend but the camera "on this new so called fancy laptop" is black and no image is coming through on the test area in teams. At the time the remote engineer is unaware this guy has the laptop lid closed where the built-in webcam is. So he goes through basic troubleshooting and eventually asks if the safety privacy slide is blocking the webcam. Now, at this point the remote engineer is expecting a yes or no answer right? The guy tells him: "not sure, I'd have to open the lid of the laptop and check"
Engineer then immediately interrupted the guy and said "so just to be clear, the laptop lid is closed, the built-in webcam therefore is staring inside the laptop into black" sounds like the webcam is displaying the correct image" and started to laugh like a kid.
The guy got angry and stated the image should be beaming through onto his main screen. Reported the call centre engineer to his boss, who called the IT manger and said I wanted to complain about the rude experience one of my staff had but after hearing the full story from him I laughed at him and wanted to call and thank you for being patient.

What kind of help do you think I need?
You're obviously an addict. Thats not a judgment, it is what it is. You need treatment the same way somebody with cancer or high blood pressure needs treatment.

What kind of help do you think I need?
I think he thinks you need to take less drugs or be associated with such people less, which I think is maybe understandable from an outside-in perspective. But it is also clear that if you do not all agree there is an issue at this point in your life, you will feel such a post is an unwarranted intrusion, even if it is well-meaning.

You're obviously an addict. Thats not a judgment, it is what it is. You need treatment the same way somebody with cancer or high blood pressure needs treatment.

I'm not an addict lmao. I was giving my friend a ride, and he suffered a nasty drug interaction.

I like you, but someone OD'd on painkillers in your car. Were you driving? The whole situation was at the very least unhealthy.

I was driving and completely sober.

I'm not an addict lmao. I was giving my friend a ride, and he suffered a nasty drug interaction.

I was driving and completely sober.
Alright, it was unclear. I thought you were both popping pills and you were driving and he went unresponsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back