Wrestlers Who Rarely If Ever Jobbed Cleanly

I know Mil Mascares was notorious for almost never allowing anyone to go over him. Supposedly Mil had a absolutely enormous ego and was kind of like a prototypical Hulk Hogan in terms of jobbing. Cornette was booking for the WCW when Mil was brought in and has mentioned how difficult Mil was to work with.

Speaking of Hulk... I can't remember many ever going clean over him. Even when the Warrior pinned him he there was that 2 and 3/4's count bullshit, there was the finger poke of doom, the Andre bout where he was pinned but again his should came up early, so on and so forth. The Hulkster seemingly mellowed out with time and by the time he came back to the WWF in the early 2000's he had no qualms losing and would drop plenty of matches. But back in his prime, not so much.

A little before my time but I believe Bruno Samartino had extremely long undefeated streaks, as did Andre the Giant. The only people I can think of that went over Andre clean were Hogan and Inoki by submission in Japan. I remember the Haku tag match against Demolition but that's not a clean job obviously.

So what workers were notorious for refusing to put anyone else over? How about Bruiser Brody, since he's popular around here lately? Was he as notorious as you hear about jobbing?

Andre jobbed quite a bit but there wasn’t the net back then. He got slammed before Hogan. Brody also would work but you would need to pay him, like Andre.

HHH not giving Sting a win is the most egregious non job of all time. Maybe NWO Hogan vs Sting was worse.

Abdullah The Butcher rarely did a clean finish
Gary Hart tells a story in his book (which may or may not be true) about having to trick Abby by telling him it was a best 2 outta 3 falls match so that Abby would lose clean via sleeperhold in the first and only fall

Abdullah probably killed his territory because he always won, from what I’ve read.

Wrestlers who rarely jobbed cleanly? Here's a quick rundown off the top of my head

- Bruiser Brody loss and while it was "rare", it's not as rare as others
- Mil Mascaras was horrible at this and not only did he rarely lose, he didn't sell much either.
- Andre in the 70s rarely jobbed
- Shawn Michaels for a good 4 year period in the mid 90s (Triple Crown belt vacater)
- Roddy Piper only lost CLEAN onCe in the WWF. He always refused to lose cleanly
- Goldberg in WCW
- Ultimate Warrior rarely ever lost cleanly, I can't think of a match on TV that he lost clean...
- Bad News Brown might have only lost once or twice on TV as well
- Kevin Nash, as Diesel, only lost twice cleanly in the WWF to Bret Hart and the Undertaker.
- Hulk Hogan throughout his run post WM1 until first retirement didn't really lose much at all either

Oh yea, Ludvig Borga never lost a single match cleanly during his extremely short run in the WWF

Let’s add Taker at WM to that list ;)

Fantastic posts guys, thanks to everyone that has contributed so far.

I think the number one contender to come out of everyone mentioned has to be Mil Mascaras... He almost never lost and this is over one of those old school 40+ year careers that guys used to have before drugs started ravaging the boys to boot. The man's ego at least equaled Hogan's at it's peak, he must have been fanatical to of kept that up for so long and to keep that mask on for so damn long to boot.

Abdullah probably killed his territory because he always won, from what I’ve read.

Abdullah was one of my favorite guys as a kid, but the more I hear about him about how he used to operate, the more I think he may have been a real piece of shit...

Andre jobbed quite a bit but there wasn’t the net back then. He got slammed before Hogan. Brody also would work but you would need to pay him, like Andre.

HHH not giving Sting a win is the most egregious non job of all time. Maybe NWO Hogan vs Sting was worse.

I know plenty of people slammed him. I believe Hansen and Harley Race both did it.

I think Brody has a legit reputation for not putting guys over clean very often. Really, I can only really recall him flat out losing without some kind of shenanigans in Japan but I'm no expert on his career.

Some sort of shit with the Sheikh but I can’t be fucked with Canadian wrestling.

Some sort of shit with the Sheikh but I can’t be fucked with Canadian wrestling.
Abdullah The Butcher and The Sheik Of Araby are not the same person and Detroit isnt in Canada

The Sheik is a person that never did the job for anyone though so thats a good name to add to the list

Abdullah The Butcher and The Sheik Of Araby are not the same person and Detroit isnt in Canada

The Sheik is a person that never did the job for anyone though so thats a good name to add to the list

Ok, you got me, I was recalling some 605 podcast or Piper book or shit. Mixed the fuckers up.

Last edited:
Sheik was the first one I thought of. Good call on Piper- incredible run for him with so few jobs all things considered.
Stan Hansen didn't give it up easy.

If Sting wanted to win at WrestleMania he should have signed a decade earlier.

I know plenty of people slammed him. I believe Hansen and Harley Race both did it.

I think Brody has a legit reputation for not putting guys over clean very often. Really, I can only really recall him flat out losing without some kind of shenanigans in Japan but I'm no expert on his career.

Kamala!

Andre did a bunch of jobs to Warrior at the end, I think. A bunch of 1-minute matches where Warrior just ran through him.

Ric Flair jobbed a lot but rarely lost cleanly because he was the champ so much of the time so he had to lose in a way where he retained the title. I would imagine the same is true for Harley Race.

hqdefault.jpg

lost clean once and it took 295 matches/almost 20 years.

That's all you limp dicks have? I came here to talk WRESTLING damn it!

Remember when wrestling was actually a massive cultural phenomenon in the states and it was in movies (that weren't shitting on the business or making fun of it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back