Wrestling clubs that don't specify their style in their webpages.

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it common kbowledge that most wrestling clubs teach both Freestyle and Greco Roman or why is this never specified in the wrestling clubs in my country of Sweden?

Also, is it possible to train both even if the club specifically is only a freestyle club?

How do you guys go about if you want to train both variants of wrestling?

I am mostly interested in Greco Roman for the takedowns.

So they kicked you out of the karate forum again? Sad!

u r pretty lucky t even find a wresting club in certain places cant be that picky lol

Okey but what are the odds it trains Greco Roman? I love upper body wrestling and throws!

if they do free style they know greco techniques u can prob get a few guys to spar with you greco style

It seems like you'd be much better off asking the clubs these questions than an internet forum.

My experience in Paris has been that clubs do both, and usually people practice with people who focus on the same style. Instruction is usually fairly split, slightly skewed to the preference of the instructor. I've only been to four clubs though.

Every single throw, takedown, or turn used in greco is also legal in freestyle. Therefore, a good freestyle club can teach you anything you need/want to know. Especially if you're not looking to compete in greco. Ben Provisor, a 2x Olympian and world team member in greco is currently training at the Nittany Lions WC, a freestyle club. Dennis Hall, an olympic silver medalist and world champ in greco used to train a lot with Terry Brands, a freestyler. If they can make it work I think you can too.

If you are in a nordic country, there is a pretty good chance that the club will be focused on Greco-Roman.

There is no freestyle wrestling for men in Sweden. Girls wrestle freestyle, men wrestle greco. It is the same in Norway and Denmark. Finland is mostly greco for men but a few wrestle freestyle.

I wrestled abit in Germany. The wrestling class had both. The instructor separated / paired people according to Greco/freestyle.

Often the Greco guys would wrestle with the Freestyle guys under freestyle rules.

It was pretty fluid / informal in my experience.

Back