Wrestling in Sand?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone else here been wrestling in sand?
I find it has really helped my defense because it slows everything down so you can kind of see what’s happening to understand and learn the positions better.

It also helps offense for shot timing because you have to get really close and clean to get takedowns, you can’t really shoot from far out cuz it’s way too slow. And you definitely don’t want to get sprawled out with your face in the sand.

The only cons really is that you end up eating a ton of sand, and at least one person needs to wear a rash guard otherwise the sand hurts both people.

Makes me feel like a Senegalese wrestler without the strikes lol.

Last edited:
I find it has really helped my defense because it slows everything down so you can kind of see what’s happening to understand and learn the positions better.

It also helps offense for shot timing and selection because you have to get really close and clean to get takedowns, you can’t really shoot from far out cuz it’s way too slow. And you definitely don’t want to get sprawled out with your face in the sand.

The only cons really is that you end up eating a ton of sand, and at least one person needs to wear a rash guard otherwise the sand hurts both people.

Did it a few times when I lived in FL after i stopped wrestling in college. I enjoyed it.

6dff00d5d651bc136716bbbe51a54b41.jpg

It also helps offense for shot timing because you have to get really close and clean to get takedowns, you can’t really shoot from far out cuz it’s way too slow. And you definitely don’t want to get sprawled out with your face in the sand.

indians wrestle barefoot in dirt fuck that.. i have very sensitive toes i feel id stub a toe so bad or rip off toe nail digging into the dirt on a sprawl/shot ect

Did it a few times when I lived in FL after i stopped wrestling in college. I enjoyed it.
lol finding people willing to seems like the biggest issue sands a lot better than dirt tho which is what indians do

Wrestling on the beach is a lot like fucking on the beach. It seems great conceptually, but when you're digging sand out of your ears and ass crack, you remember why mats and mattresses are so damn expensive.

Wrestling on the beach is a lot like fucking on the beach. It seems great conceptually, but when you're digging sand out of your ears and ass crack, you remember why mats and mattresses are so damn expensive.

It's fun though

How hard of sand are we talking here?

I live in the southern part of Brasil and there is a league of Beach Wrestling in the beach nearby, looks fun.

Back